1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Breaking News about a true American Hero.

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Mine, too! It's nice to see that there are Baptists who haven't forgotten that Separation of Church and State is a Baptist Distinctive.

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

As much as I agree with him in principle, he's wrong.

3. Karen

Karen Active Member

Maybe so, but now that we're all unusually in agreement, [​IMG] , let's not call Judge Moore the lunatic fringe. (see earlier post than yours) He may not be doing things the best way, but too often we as Christians seem to spend more time attacking each other than edifying each other. Many times Christians, including me, find that when you do anything concrete, your worst opposition comes from other Christians. Sometimes we are just going to have to disagree on how to carry out the particulars.

And sometimes we carry separation of church and state so far that it is as though Christians should have no influence on the secular world.

Karen

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not aware of any legislation involved in this dispute. It is a display, not a law. Those that are offended by the display should just tough it out and stop whining. There is no protection in the U.S. Constitution to not be offended. :cool:

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Andrew Jackson is reported to have said about a U.S. Supreme Court ruling he disagreed with, "John Marshall has made his decision. Now let him enforce it."

If it comes down to it, may President George W. Bush have the courage to say something similar. [​IMG]

6. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of one's opinion on the matter of whether the commandments should be displayed, I think we should not be so quick to equate disobeying a district judge's ruling with breaking "the laws of the land." We have a system in which rulings can be appealed until they may ultimately reach the U. S. Supreme Court, which I feel will probably happen in this case.