1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BREAKING NEWS- Court rules in favour of Texas polygamist moms

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Brother Shane, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

-- AP: Appeals court rules Texas had no right to seize hundreds of children from polygamous sect.

CHECK BACK FOR HERE FOR LATEST UPDATES.

source: www.cnn.com

#1 Brother Shane, May 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  2. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Court grants appeal by FLDS mothers

AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) -- The Third Court of Appeals has ruled that Child Protective Services did not have the right to remove children from the Yearning for Zion ranch last month.

The ruling comes as a result of a document filed by Texas RioGrande Legal Aid last month. The TRLA is the largest provider of legal aid in Texas, on behalf of 48 FLDS mothers that TRLA is representing in their child custody cases.

"The way that the courts have ignored the legal rights of these mothers is ridiculous," said TRLA attorney Julie Balovich. "It was about time a court stood up and said that was has been happening to these families is wrong."

In the decision, the Court ruled that CPS failed to provide any evidence that the children were in imminent danger and acted hastily in removing them from their families. According to the Court, "The existence of the FLDS belief system as described by the Department's witnesses, by itself, does not put children of FLDS parents in physical danger."

TRLA will be holding a press conference in front of the courthouse in San Angelo Thursday at 1:30 p.m. regarding this issue.

http://www.kxan.com/global/story.asp?s=8365745

3. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

PTL! Hopefully the children will get to return to their mothers where they belong. The sad part is though, the damage is probably done. These pure and innocent little children have been exposed to the wicked world and its awful teachings. I ask God put His hand on the case and return these children to their mothers.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

What about the children's rights, not to be s*xually assulted, forced to live with and have s*x old men, sold as s*x slaves? I guess children have no rights not to be abused anymore.
    And just which children are they going to give to which mothers? They have constantly lied about which children are theirs, they kept swapping out kids. Some of the kids don't even know which mother is theirs.

5. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

What about your evidence, donnA? Where is it?

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

At home they're being exposed to s*x slavery, girls in training for s*x slaves and boys in training to take s*x slaves. Girls told if they don't have s*x with old men they will be eternally damned to hell. Even wife swapping, if the leadership wants your wife, they just take her, or if a contributor wants your wife they just give big money and get your wife and children, shes now his wife, not ever yours.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now this is an interesting question. The FLDS mothers aren't out of the woods yet.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

evidence of what? It's all been posted here on this board, in all the previous threads, all the evidence you want. And more then I even mentioned.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

I looked those threads up for you, I am decently sure sure you are able to go through them and click on the links yourself. If not I will get all the links for you.
    Since all this is recent news, I'm not sure how you can't already know these things.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=49846
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=49645
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=49231
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=49355
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=48941

10. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

First off, donnA, as it has been ruled, the CPS had no right, NONE, to take the children away. Had there actually been abuse, the men should have been taken away, not the children. After all, the men would have been the suspects. If a principal abuses one of his students in his office... does the child get taken away or does the principal? The principal (HE did the wrong, not the child) does because the child has the right to be there, just like the mothers and children. The men, however, don't have the right to molest children under the legal age in Texas. Had that have been evidential, the men would have been arrested... that's like a big "DUH", right? :)

Instead, no one was arrested, yet the mothers and children were taken away from each other. I'm sure the mothers knows who children are theirs. Just because they don't tell the police doesn't mean they don't know. Yet again, that isn't for US to debate about... nor the court... it's their business. If that's how they want to be, fine. They have every right. All this "speculation" about abuse posted from media site to media site isn't substantial. We can all speculate... can't we? The question isn't who goes to who... it's when will they be returned? I don't care how they're returned... just as long as they are.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A mother who would allow her 13 year old to have sex with a 50 year old man SHOULD have her children taken away. Trust me, I know someone who knows much more about this than the press is letting out and these children are clearly abused.

This is a sad day for those children.

12. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Well, thankfully, the American people doesn't rule the American people. God is looking out for those children...

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow, Shane...so you've met with these families, researched the situation, and made a decision? Pretty impressive.

How many did you interview? How many 14 year-old mothers did you talk with?

Not even sure what that means.

Yes....of course.....nothing wrong with the FLDS's teachings.... :rolleyes:

14. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

So nice to see you! :)

No, the court did.

I haven't talk to any... just like you.

That meant I was thankful that just because someone doesn't agree with someone elses teachings, or even thinks something is happening in another household, that person reserves the right to take away another's children. God was looking out for those children by allowing what happened today.

I think I'll keep my mouth shut on this one.

15. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

An interesting site regarding CPS; LIKE ANY OTHER HUMAN INSTITUTION......THERE IS GOOD..... AND THERE IS BAD Unfortunately, most cases of institutional abuse is recorded only on the local level.....to answer the demands by the public to answer the rumors: Otherwise, agencies like the CPS hide their own scandals.

For a clear and concise understanding of what is child abuse, according to one state's law (and each state may define 'abuse' but this is the best representation I could find..... and is consistant with my own training during my 22years career in mental health in Florida)FROM HERE

The mother's within this cult are as much a victim of its teachings as the children may become. The children should be returned to their mothers who are not parties to abuse: The husbands and wives which have not participated in abuse should have their families restored.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

Children are always removed when abuse is happening. This si the law, I don't know about where you live, but it is here, and apparently in Tx too. I remind you the mothers allowed the abuse.

Men don't have the right to molest anyone of any age.

If you checked the links you'd find that girls as young as 14 are being sold to old men for 'wives' which are not recognized as wives anywhere in this country if the man alrady has a wife. They themselves prove these aren't legl marriages by getting welfare as unwed mothers.

They refused to claim their own children, they switched out children with each other. Why? How can the chiclren possibly be given to a women they ahve no idea if she is the right mother or not becasue she constantly lies.
    They do not, as you say, have every right to break the law and sell little girls for s*x.
    It is not speculation. There is proof.

17. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

1) You have NO PROOF of abuse
    2) You don't know if the mothers knew about it or not

You got my drift.

Had anything illegal of happened, trust me, the government would have been on it. You still have no proof.

The mother shouldn't have had the children taken away in the first place donnA, so the question isn't what the mother can do to get her children back, it's what did the mother do to those children to begin with?

Said which girl?

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

Good post Ann.

So your saying we should do nothing about children being s*xually abused in this country, being sold and traded? We as a country have no responsibility to protect children, even from abusive parents.
    Aren't you in fact advocating the breaking of the law, giving excuse to allow it.

nope, but read and saw a woman's testimony of being taken to another state and given to a man she didn't like and forced to ahve s*x with him, and called it a marriage. At the age of 14.

So, according to you. God wants little girls s*xually abused.
    There is proof of the abuse.

from windcaters post=
    Since girls as young as 14 had children I guess we can tell they were s*xually abused, or rather as described by TX law, they were raped.

The mothers may be vicitims too, given in fake marriages as young girls themselves, mental abuse in what they were taught, but they in turn victimized their own children, they allowed their daughters to be sold for s*x, they are perpetrators. Any FLDS woman with children is a part of the abuse of the children. Otherwise she would get them away from the abuse, and not teach them they have t have s*x with old men.
    Which husbands and wives would that be/ Only the ones with no children. Otherwise they have already started teaching their children to be abused and to be abusers.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

The fact 14 yr olds have had children is proof of abuse.
    The testimony of a woman who at 14 was sold for s*x is proof.
    You think possibly mothers didn't recognize their daughters were 'married' off to old men? What do you base that on? It's how they opperate on a regular bases, it's their doctrine, the mothers would have to be totally ignorant of their own church doctrines.

So you don't think it's against the law to have multiple wives? What?
    Proof of what? I've given proof so have many others, it's all over the net. What more do you want?

Thats a bit obvious. They allowed them to be abused, and played a part in the abuse.

Posted links, then gave you the links to the threads where all the other links are for news and testimonies. Not my fault you refuse to read them.
    You want ti to be what you want, and do not care what it really is. You do not care for proof that countradicts you, so you deny truth.
    Keep seeing you do ti all over the board.
    Heres a little hint, it is against BB rules to endorse or approve illegal activity, which multiple marriages, and child s*x abuse is.

#19 donnA, May 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  20. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good post Ann.

I'm sure the court didn't allow the breaking of the law. Like someone said, there is much more behind this than what we think.

Just because she said this, all the children should be removed?

Then why isn't the man arrested? Then why did the court (who hears the evidence, not us) rule in favour of the mothers?

from windcaters post=

Since girls as young as 14 had children I guess we can tell they were s*xually abused, or rather as described by TX law, they were raped.

Proof?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.