1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Breaking News for Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Paul33, Jun 21, 2010.

1. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe, Caner can read this thread, then he can claim everything was a "parody".

I do not see the humor in making fun of someone's weakness! Do and say what you want but what is taking place on this thread would does not glorify God in any way. Some of these post are starting to bleed a spirit of hate due to theological differences. It does not matter who sees the humor in it. I do not think God does.

I do not support Caner in his deeds at all, but I bet no one here has spent near as much time praying about the situation compared to as much time as they have spent gossiping about it.

2. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

I'll take that bet. Except I don't gamble so, guess I won't.

Really, I haven't prayed for the situation nor gossiped about it. I really have no clue as to what is going on except some gossip on this board, which i know is always one sided, be it for or against Mr. Caner. I have heard him speak twice on recorded messages and enjoyed the message, found it biblical and relevant. But as far as knowing anything about him, Liberty university, and the situation that has arose. I know nothing.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A completely unnecessary thread.

As an alumnus of this institution it is foolish to try to mock these people like this.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Nail hit squarely and soundly on the head.:thumbs:

5. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

The "Breaking News" parody is on Elmer Towns. I merely point out in parody the ridiculous comments of Elmer Towns when he states that Caner's falsehoods don't rise to the level of unethical or immoral conduct.

Mr. Towns should be ashamed of himself. He is embarrassing LU, my alma mater. Caner's behavior is an ethical and moral issue. Anyone who states otherwise might as well delete the ninth commandment. In fact, we ought to just eliminate all of them for the sake of "theological leverage."

As long as the Gospel is being preached, who cares if the truth is stretched, distorted, or fabricated.

Is this a laughing matter? Absolutely not. Is it laughable? Absolutely. Towns and Caner deserve the shame coming their way until they repent.

6. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

So you give Elmer Towns a pass on his statements concerning Caner? Remember how Towns implied that an inquiry was made into Caner's background and he had the full backing of LU?

Johnie Moore then comes out and states that an inquiry was not made.

So is this or is this not an ethical and moral issue? If it is, Towns was misinformed. Or did he lie?

Geisler states that Caner has been slandered and libeled. Not true!

Ankerberg states that Caner's testimony is completely true. Not true!

Towns, Geisler, and Ankerberg need to be held accountable for their misrepresentations of the facts. That is what blogs can do, praise God.