1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Breaking: Oregon refuge standoff ends with arrest of militia leaders.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Use of Time, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it really over? I read there are still people holed up at the refuge HQ.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand the police are rounding up what's left at the refuge. No reports of any resistance. Still a fresh story though so I expect the next 48 hours to fill in the blanks.

* Facebook posted bogus info apparently. Remaining members status at refuge is unclear.

The man killed was LaVoy Finicium.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/bundys_in_custody_one_militant.html

#3 Use of Time, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was about time! I know they gave them tremendous leeway, and the protesters wouldn't budge. The law had to do something or we'd have the foundation of anarchy start to build! There are other ways to protest, and while I may see their point, I didn't agree with their methods!

5. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought something like this would happen. The dead guy was some Bundy spokesman, there's a fog of war going on right now but with all the cellphones out there, what really went down will come out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last local news had the place surrounded and only land owners allowed in and out of the area. The thought was no more push for awhile, though they said peaceful outcome before shooting to so who knows.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The daughter of LaVoy Finicum, the Oregon militiaman shot dead by police during a traffic stop on Highway 395 yesterday, claims that her father was “murdered” execution-style with his hands in the air, an account backed up by an eyewitness to the incident.

Protesters involved in the weeks-long occupation of a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon, including leader Ammon Bundy, were apprehended by law enforcement as they traveled to the city of John Day to attend a community meeting set up by local residents.

“Everyone obeyed orders to surrender except two people: LaVoy Finicum and Bundy’s brother, Ryan Bundy,” a law enforcement officialtold CNN.

Media reports about the incident simply state that “shots were fired,” although Finicum’s daughter Thara Lynn Tenney posted a message on herFacebook pagelast night asserting that her father had already surrendered before he was gunned down.

“I want the world to know how my father was murdered today. His hands were in the air and he was shot in the face by the American authorities. Ammon Bundy reported there are 6 witnesses to this evil,” wrote Tenney.

Continue . . . http://www.infowars.com/eyewitness-oregon-militiaman-murdered-by-cops-he-had-his-hands-in-the-air/