1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Breakout sessions present differing views

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Read the article and laugh heartily. At one point, someone says to take in all the diversity of religions, then another one says to reach out to the lost. What garbabe.

Here's a funny one:
    In dialogue with people of other faiths, Christians must appreciate diversity and recognize that trying to bring all people to faith in Jesus ruins what Gerald Durley, pastor of Providence Missionary Baptist Church in Atlanta, described as the beautiful mixture of religions in the world. He compared the religions of the world to a vegetable soup in which diversity enhances the flavor.

"In a vegetable soup you've got carrots, you've got potatoes, you've got tomatoes, you've got all these vegetables," Durley said. "And I've never seen -- when they come together, I've never seen a carrot say, 'Boy, I think I'll become a potato this evening.' No, the individuality and the freshness of each [vegetable] makes the soup really great. So you don't have to give that up."

I have no doubt that the Apostle Paul would slap the self-styled Pastor Gerald Durley over that one.

Religion is the tool of Satan. If Satan can distract you from Christ using religion, then he's won. I mean, how do people come up with garbage like that? Nowhere does the BIBLE ever state that other religions are beautiful.

I pray that God Almighty raises up some good men and women to combat this garbage.