1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brett Favre - ugh

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Aug 6, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Okay, even though I'm absolutely on the bring of vomiting at this whole saga, I now find myself needing (for the sake of catharsis, perhaps) to post this:

It appears the Brett Favre era is over at Green Bay. I'm not going to rehash everything. It appears you all know the stories because they interrupted President Bush's declaration of war on China and John McCain's announcement of Al Gore as his VP choice to give us every little detail.

So what's your take on the whole situation?
    Who is to blame for this ending "badly"?
    Who looks worse and who looks good out of this deal?
    Has Brett Favre's legacy taken a hit?
    Has the image of the exalted Green Bay Packers been sullied?

Or, if you just want to vent at your frustration over this whole thing and the way ESPN made it seem as though the security of the planet was hanging on Brett's response to the GB countermove, feel free.

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I think Favre looks bad. He flipped-flopped too much for the Packers - he retired, then he himmed and hawed, and they got tired of it and wanted to move on. Yes, this hurts his legacy. He should just retire again and save face. Whatever team he goes to, he's not going to perform at a high level.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm not sure what kind of world we live in where I agree 100% with Andy. :smilewinkgrin:

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I just dont care - the whole mess gives me tired head - as soon as I see something on the tv about BF I turn the channel - its almost to the point where I will watch keith olberman bash mccain instead of watching sports - and how bad is that!!!!!

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I remember a quote about Lions and Lambs together...... :smilewinkgrin:

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Watching KO talk about anything other than baseball is a cry for help. Please...step back off the ledge and let's talk this out.......:smilewinkgrin:

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean Favre is in a 3-way trade between Green Bay, Detroit, and St. Louis?

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Packers, Jets confirm deal to trade Favre
    By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
    20 minutes ago

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—The Green Bay Packers have reached an agreement to trade quarterback Brett Favre to the New York Jets, the team announced late Wednesday night. Terms of the trade weren’t immediately available.

The Packers had been talking with the Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers since deciding earlier this week that the team could no longer co-exist with one of the most beloved players in franchise history.

The Packers decided to move forward with Aaron Rodgers as their starter after Favre announced his retirement in March. Given their commitment to Rodgers, team officials weren’t particularly receptive when Favre decided a little over a month ago that he might want to play after all—the latest development in several years’ worth of flip-flopping about his football future.

LINK

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

This whole things has left a bad taste in my mouth. What I really can´t stand is the Packers fans taunting Rodgers during training camp. That is just terrible. Give the guy a chance. Its not his fault Farve wanted to play again. The old man just needs to retire and realize that his days of NFL greatness are done.

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

My neighbor Chad Pennington is the big loser. Released by the Jets due to Favre's signing. Hate that for him. Good guy from a good family.

11. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Going to Miami isn't all bad for Chad.

The Favre thing has been going on for years, but sports was on the back pages of the paper and who cared. Now every one knows more about sports than the players.

Now if GB don't do as well as last year, is isn't all good and if they do worse than last year, lets say 7 wins, it is very bad, with the fans. If Favre does like Broadway Joe, Johnny U. in time all the bad will be over looked ( GB and their brains look very smart) but if he does well and GB don't all won't be well in GB.

12. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

(watching for the cloud to part and waiting for the herald trumpets)

:saint:

13. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Brett Favre did Green Bay wrong and the people in Wisconsin should see that. He could make up his mind for the past three seasons what he wanted to do and the front office gave him a deadline of March 1 so they could get ready for the draft.

I wish Chad Pennington the best in Miami because like you said Tom, he is a good guy. I watched is career here in WV while playing at Marshall, and everyone in the state has nothing but good to say about Chad.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I hope Favre throws 30 INT's and 0 TD's this year. Let him be gone for good. He is acting out a typical mid life crisis. The Packers did the right thing. They coldn't keep playing Favre's retirement game year after year. The sad thing is, if Favre really wanted to be a winner (a Packer), he would not have retired at all. The Packers are on the doorstep of the Super Bowl. The Jets are on the doorstep of having the #1 overall pick in the draft to replace him next year.