1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brian Kelly and his team's "execution"

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Alcott, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is funny to me. Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said in an interview after the game last night that he would "be in favor of our team's execution-- maybe they all need to be executed." This was after Florida St. made a tremendous comeback of 18 points in the 4th quarter to tie the game, then ND won by a FG in OT. And this is all over the news. It was a reference to the deceased original coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, John McKay,, who, when asked about his team's execution, said "I'm in favor of it." [McKay had previously won national championships at USC, and was a bane to ND in their rivalry.]

So what's the deal? I knew his remark was tongue-in-cheek as well as his reference for it. But people today just have to take big exception to such humor. How dare he talk about executing his players!?

He probably need not be concerned for his job, because the college football factories are only concerned if a coach keeps winning, and he is about to surpass Knute Rockne for the most wins in ND history. He has already had a long stay for a ND head coach, as most of them have to get out of that kind of pressure before too long. And I don't think any coach has been there that long without winning a National Championship.

But is this going to be like Howard Cosell's "that little monkey" remark in regard to a quick and nimble kick returner who was black, and some, like the president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference called him a racist? It doesn't appear Kelly can have that label attached to him (but who knows?). But don't you get tired of comments being jumped on like that?-- independent, of course, of the teams or individuals.

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ppl are uber sensitive these days. Everything is racist, bigoted, misogynistic, xenophobic, or some other -istic.