1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brick wall for Rapturists

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Christopher, Mar 22, 2002.

1. BrianT

BrianT New Member

There is an article about this at:

http://www.geocities.com/lasttrumpet_2000/repop.html

He talks about Isa 14:1, Ezek 36:24-36 and Zech 14:9-14 which seem to talk about heathen that are not killed at Christ's coming. I don't know how much I agree with in the article, but neither can I refute it. ;)

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

He also uses Rev. 12:14, Zech 12:10,11; and ch. 14:4,5 to suggest a Jewish remnant that misses the [post-trib] rapture as well. Pretty interesting. This just differs from what Larry said in that they are a remnant instead of all of the so-called "tribulation saints" left behind from a pre-trib rapture.
    I always assumed that if there were any "Left behind" they would be glorified and join the others after the world is conquered by Christ. (I go for the unsaved survivors theory--Christ destroys the armies and govt's that fight against Him [i.e. "enemies"], not necesarily every soul.)

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Just going where the text takes us.

4. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

The message to the churches in Revelation were cyclical and applicable to all churches. They were not raptured, which makes it clear that they did not go through the tribulation. Read RL Thomas's commentary on Revelation for a fuller treament of this. His treatment addresses all the various issues and argues conclusively for the one he takes.

5. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

First, on what basis do you make this assumption? Second, are you suggesting that there are unsaved people who are not enemies of Christ? This would contradict clear Scripture.

6. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Christopher,

You are correct in saying that Heaven is not the final abode for the saints in eternity. After the rapture, Judgment Seat of Christ and the Marriage of the Lamb God tells us in Rev. 21:1 that we will enjoy the 'new Heaven and the New earth.' In Rev. 21:2 ' . . . the holy city, the new Jerusalem, comes down out of Heaven . . . ' This will be our final abode in the New Jerusalem where not temple is needed because our Lord will be the temple. [Rev. 21:22]. And we will be with Him forever.

Dr. Berrian

7. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, as I don't believe in "left behind" tribulation saints (no more repentance is seen after the "harvest" of ch14, which I believe is a mid-wrath rapture), I only assumed that was what those who held the position must have believed. I never knew that people believed there was a group of saved who went through the entire millennium in an unglorified state (other than those who get saved IN the Millennium)
    My point was that in the context of "Christ destroying His enemies", it was the armies and govt's physically fighting Him that were in focus, not individuals. While most individuals will probably be rallying behind the govt's, still there may be some who don't and will not be on the battlefield of Armageddon where this very "destruction of the enemies" will take place.