1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston to Get $300,000 for First Pics of Baby

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

http://news.aol.com/political-machi...evi-johnston-to-get-300-000-for-first-pics-o/

I wonder if they will give a tithe to their church?

#1 Crabtownboy, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
  2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if that will pay off the hospital and obstetrician.

3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder if the obstetrician and hospital delivered the baby free as a gift to the governor and family?

Your question is a good one.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yep, I am sure the Gov has good health care...

It is surprising there is enough interest in the Palin clan that a magazine would pay $300K for baby pictures. I guess we live in strange times.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm very happy they cashed in.

They deserve some monetary compensation for the intrusiveness of the liberal voyeuristic press.

I don't care what they do with their money. It's none of my business. It's not taxpayer money.

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think they should give any money to their church?

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's between them and God.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So should Obama be compensated for being called a Muslim, having his citizenship questioned or for the Barack the magic Negro song? Let's face it, fear and slander is a standard tool to most of the GOP in the blogusphere so if these things mean compensation then it's time they pony up...

PS... It was a liberal named Obama who came to Bristol's defense or did we forget about that?

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree it is between them and God ... but do you think they should give something to their church?

The Obama haters will never give him any slack or credit.

#9 Crabtownboy, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
  10. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I'm with carpro.

I hope they use the money to further their education, buy a house, buy a car, etc. I hope it doesn't help them be lazy.

11. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Obama, the liberal, did come to the defense of Bristol. When he was told to do so.

12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See, even when acknowledged, a negative spin is put in the comment. :laugh:

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am with you on this one. My first thought was, "I hope they save and invest the money wisely. This could set them up for a comfortable life ... or it could be a curse. It all depends on how they handle it.

14. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I'm sure to an 18 year old (or however old he is), his and her Harleys would look inviting. LOL!

15. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

This question seems strange to me! Why and what business is it of ours?

This is not meant to challenge your honesty....... but your posting suggest you did not publish your 'first thought'. LOL :smilewinkgrin:

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wondered about this because the Palin family was advertised as conservative, and I agree there, and the champions of theologically conservative folk ... many of whom I have know believe in tithing, or at least giving a portion of all they receive.

This is not meant to challenge your honesty....... but your posting suggest you did not publish your 'first thought'. LOL :smilewinkgrin:[/QUOTE]

All mine. :wavey:

Perhaps I should have asked the BB folk, if you were paid $300,000 for a set of photographs, would you tithe that or not?

I would, maybe more than a tithe, maybe a title to my church and then another 10% spread among serveral religious organizations I like.

17. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

What does this topic have to do with Obama?
    Or do you have an Obama obsession that everything is interpreted in the light of his glory? ...............I would suggest turning your eyes upon Jesus instead.

As for your analogy, if that was your intention, I'm not aware that Bristol or her b/f were running for office to be the target of jokes or news....... or that Obama's children were targeted. Furthermore, THE ELECTION IS OVER. It is the strangest when those who supported him are acting more like persons with a lost cause.... unless this is really how they feel even though he won.

As for the money for baby pictures....... ?????? I have no comment other than, it sounds more like tabloid voyerism and less like news.:sleep:

18. Spinach

Spinach New Member

In light of the question later posted by Crabtownboy, if I were given $300,000 for a picture of my newborn, which I would find odd, I would give a tithe to my church. I would probably then give a certain amount to the missionaries with our board. I would clear up our few minor debts and then I'd fix up my house and put the rest away. I would definitely buy a little car for myself.

I forgot the part at the beginning where I'd render to Caesar...

19. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Not the same: The faith or the faithfullness of Sara Palen is not enforceable upon the children, especially when they've reach adulthood: Influencial, perhaps, but not enforceable.

Also if your comparing what 'conservatives' do..... then your should acknowledge that not all 'conservatives' are Christians (refer to the FoF thread regarding the Beck-Mormon-vs Christian dispute) nor are all conservatives followers of any faith. I think certain there are some atheist 'conservatives'.

If you are comparing Christians.... then not all Christians agree or practice tithing. Whether they do or don't should not be the item of tabloid news.

20. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Seems like I've run this lesson before in my life: Whatever it may concern, I should be cautious when I look upon another's circumstance, and then say to myself "If I had thus and so, I would do thus and so." ......because, the LORD just may allow circumstances to occur in such a way that I am put to the test... and may find that either I am unwilling, unable, or have forgotten any previous resolve.... until afterward. This works true for possessions, or behavior, or sins and temptations or judgements which we view in others.

What is it we're admonished to say, let our yea be yea and our nay be nay, and to be cautious regarding anything more than these words regarding the present: for anything which we say concerning oaths or our future resolve are words which may stand to judge us or bring us to repentance.

May God bless!:flower:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.