1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brittney Griner - Baylor

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Mar 5, 2013.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Did anyone else see Sports Center last night and see Brittney Griner's 50 point explosion http://espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=330630239?

She was 21 of 28 from the field and 8 of 10 from the free throw line (better than most centers in the NBA). Simply amazing.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

been watching her since her freshman year when she posted a two handed dunk. She will make some woman's pro team a real contender. To answer your question though, I did not see the special but will take a look when I have time.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My two Deutsche marks worth of opinion

I have virtually no interest in women sports.

The OP is stating how great a player and her team is.
    I was just wondering if the womens team played the mens team......

4. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Actually, I didn't mention the team, but with one loss this year and no losses last year, yes I do think they are great.

Women's teams are different than men's teams? Duh. (Men and women are different.) There's also a difference between pro teams and college teams and high school teams. How would Syracuse do against the Miami Heat (or even the Knicks)? But I still like college basketball.

Personally, I enjoy most women's sports -- volleyball, softball and basketball -- especially at the high school and college levels and love watching women's tennis -- different game than men's tennis.

5. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I do not follow womens sports per se apart from womens fast pitch softball they are incredibly talented. But Griner is unique in that she has the height and athleticism to redefine the inside game for women pro's. She has that nasty streak in her that reminds me of Lambeer with the Pistons many years ago.

6. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

I agree - plus, I've seen her knock down 3's as well. She's not only tall and athletic, but she's a good shooter as well. But please don't put in the same sentence as Lambeer --- she's a really good kid as well.

7. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brittney seems to be a good person but Lambeer seems anything BUT that! As I will leave it at that! Hope she can make it in the WNBA.