1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brittney Spears Conversion?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bro Tony, Mar 4, 2004.

1. firedome

firedome New Member

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is a Christian ? Why is one a Christian ? When does one become a Christian ? Who is a Christian ?

3. KimS

KimS New Member

I believe that with this liberal country, it is very easy to be led astray. Pamela Anderson also claims to be reborn and she works with children organizations now...but she does the voice of Striperella (sp?) and is bursting out of her tops.

Many people are led to be believe that if you say your prayers and say you believe in Jesus then that's it, you're a Christian and you're going to heaven. It's been taught that that's all it takes and I even followed that for years. I prayed at night but still sinned knowingly.

I hope that they will find their way as I did recently.

Kim [​IMG]

4. Preacher Ron

Preacher Ron New Member

I have only one thing to say about the hole thing.

You can tell a tree by the fruit it bares!

II Corinthians 5:17
    Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away behold, all things are become new.

Don't blame me like it or not that's what the bible says.

Preacher Ron

5. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Or maybe she was saved and never discipled...I mean seriously, we're talking about Britney Spears here...none of us will ever speak to her personally so why do we fret over this? I understand the whole public eye thing but my 8 year old daughter who is saved knows that it is not appropriate to dress in that manner...she prays for Britney actually...I can't remember my point, so sorry! haha

Kathy
    <><

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Look at Bible examples of immediate change in behavior after salvation

Demonic of Gedara---dressed and in his right mind(something Britney should take lessons from)

Samaritian woman at Jacob's Well---"Come see a man who has told me everything I have done! Is this not the Christ, the Messiah!

Zaccheus---"Behold, Lord(bear down on that---immediately upon conversion---a recognition of who is Lord over who!)the half of my goods I give to the poor."

The blind man from birth---"All I can tell you boys is that once I was blind but now I can see!"

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

8. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That is so incredible: I was driving to work and started thinking about you "out of the blue." I just felt led to pray for you, your ministry, and your family. I had no idea about your daughter.

"Our God is an Awesome God."

Consider yourself (as well as your family) on my morning prayer list.

9. Jesusisluv

Jesusisluv New Member

I heard about that to. You know she has said that before, that she was a christian(i believe), but many people say they are christians and are not. :(

10. Xingyi Warrior

Xingyi Warrior New Member

But notice that the bible does not follow up on these people after the initial instance of their salvations. I would say its safe to assume that all of them we will meet in heaven, but I doubt that all their lives were perfect bliss after that. Some people have a salvation experience and they are changed forever instantly. Others can be more strongly attacked by the Devil and may suffer a difficult progression toward the high mark of Christ (I beleive Jesus eluded to the fact that it wouldn't be all roses in his teachings). I remember when M.C. Hammer was initially saved. He was still running around with "Brother Prince" and lots of other hoodlums that characterized his earlier depraved life. But years later I heard him give his testimony and it was apparent that he had made much progress in his Christian walk. Like most of us, he will probably fall again, and again but notice the word Walk, wich implies that you are going somewhere from a point of origin. Whether Britney's salvation is genuine or not is between her and Jesus, but we are told that the Word of God will not return void. I think that whatever steps she has taken are steps in the right direction. I would hope that I would not be judged so harshly as to the failings in my own life as a reflection of the validity of my own Salvation experience. Maybe we all should think about that the next time we are stiffing a waiter for a meal after Sunday services, driving way over the speed limit with Christian symbols plastered on our cars, etc... after all we are known by our fruits, especially when we are advertizing that we are Christians.

On a side note, most of the flak I've seen over this seems to be coming from Christian women. With the ones I know who are the most vocal it basically boils down to jealousy because in the physical sense, she's everything they're not. Sad fact, and not politically correct but in my experince women generally don't take a loving notion to other women who are more attractive then themselves especially when men are garishing lots of attention on them.

11. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Perhaps many who claim to be Christians, but don't act like it, might act like it if all the self righteous hypocrits quit spending all their time spewing hate and venom on a message board and actually went out and showed a little caring and compassion and Christian love for their fellow man and, you know, taught the word.

Nah, it's much easier to sit anonymously behind a keyboard and make random condemnations on people you don't even know basing it all on random hearsay from the media... which these same people love to call liars and haters. I mean, our great commission was to judge and condemn and point fingers and insult and harass, not spread the word right? Right?

For the record, the job of deciding others salvation is taken. And He isn't hiring any assistants and doesn't plan to retire.