1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bro Falwell's funeral

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by dcorbett, May 21, 2007.

1. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

For those of us unable to attend the funeral in person, I have started a thread on FlameFans.

The following sources have video streams available (while they last) in addition to the service being carried live on the Liberty Channel & INSP:

WSET

WSLS

The Liberty Channel

3. His Blood Spoke My Name

After watching the funeral of Dr. Jerry Falwell, I was saddened to see that Christ was not preached to the many attending the funeral.

Dr. Falwell and his many accomplishments was praised throughout the program.

When Dr. Jerry Vines stood and said he was going to preach Christ, he did not. He spoke mostly of Dr. Falwell.

After his eulogy, Dr. Vines did give an prayer asking others to accept Christ.

But Christ was not preached.

4. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, I watched the entire funeral...a mighty tribute to the man, but what I was so glad about was the emphasis on God and Jesus and that, no
    matter what he (Falwell) did in this world, his ticket into Heaven was admitting he was a lost sinner and that the only way to a Holy God was through faith in Jesus as Saviour.

I liked that....

It is the truth. Speak the truth and you cannot go wrong.

Oh, and the music made me weep.

Debbie Mc

5. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I do agree. He said he was there to give a message of Salvation, and he skimmed it. But I am totally glad that an invitation was given, and a sinner's prayer was prayed.

Salvation message was given at both my parent's funerals, and will be given at mine. The orders have already been given to my children.

Debbie Mc