1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Broken Homes"

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you say "Broken Home" is that a politically correct term"

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I really don't know. I found an online "Politically Incorrect Dictionary" which says that it is, and should be replaced by "dysfunctional family". But I don't think a "broken home" is the same thing as a "dysfunctional family". The first refers to a family split apart by divorce, separation, or desertion. The second is a family where the members may live in the same home, but they do not function properly as a family unit.

However, the "Politically Incorrect Dictionary" may well have been written tongue-in-cheek, for it includes:
    Jungle - Replaced by Rainforest. A Rainforest is a happy place where Disney characters dance and sing ... a jungle is a scary place with lions, tigers, malaria and natives that want to cut off your head and boil it for dinner... who in their right mind would want to save that!?!

Lumberjack - Replaced by Murderer.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: