1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bruce Pearl and the Vols

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Watching the Vols hammer Florida has me proud and amazed at how far the program has come in such a short time. The men had some real nice seasons under Jerry Greene led by Vincent Yarbrough and Tony Harris, but the the program at that time never reached the excitement level they now enjoy.

Bruce Pearl is one of the best coaches in the nation, and he has already proved he can recruit because Rashard Smith and Wayne Chism start, and Josh Tabb and Duke Crews have played a lot of minutes and contributed to wins.

I really see a super bright future for the men's basketball program in Knoxville.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Don't forget her singing voice!

I was there last night. Thompson Boling is a large, cavernous arena that has been as raucous as any in America. UT has always had good crowds, always been in the top ten or so in attendance. Under Pearl, we've jumped into being a top five attendance figure school. Next year's renovations will take the seating capacity down a bit, but hopefully will make TB more intimate and intimidating.

Having said that, back to the game - UT goes undefeated at home. Our inability to hit free throws is going to cost us (it already did at Ohio State, Vandy, and Auburn). UT is not getting the respect it deserves because the coaching community sees Pearl as a traitor for turning in a cheating coach when he was at Iowa. Only one senior was honored last night at senior night. This team is going to be well stocked for next year. I think it could be between UT and KY for next year's SEC crown.

But back to this year. With sharpshooters Chris Lofton and JuJuan Smith, and the emerging play of Crews and Chism in the frontcourt - (IF the FT woes can stop) - does anyone want to draw this team in the Dance?

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I lived in Knoxville during the "Ernie (Grunfield) and Bernie (King)" It was always fun to watch a game there.