1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bugs in Google Chrome let websites listen to your conversations

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Revmitchell, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google’s popular Chrome search engine might be doing more than helping you find websites — it might be helping websites find and listen to you through the microphone in your computer.

TalAter.com reports the search engine’s voice recognition functionality can be compromised by websites that allow Chrome users to navigate their site via voice.

The problem is once you give Chrome permission, the websites you’ve visited retain that permission — even if you’re not on the site, allowing them to tap into your computer’s onboard microphone and listen in at any time.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/22/b...s-listen-to-your-conversations/#ixzz2rC5RgTa8

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to worry, NSA will plug this hole, they don't want the competition :)

I've been playing with Chrome and find it to be way too painfully slow to even consider using and the news of their backdoor hole, I have pretty much set Chrome aside as a bad idea though I like the concept for general everyday computing.