1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bumper sticker

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Ps104_33, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Saw a bumper sticker on a vehicle in front of me on the way home from work the other day. It said this:

SABBATH: What part of forever dont you understand?

Can anyone tell me what the point of this statement is?

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

For the sabbath keepers I think?

Deut. 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

3. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

saw one on the front of a car the other day that said. "run Hillary run"

That one doesn't make sense even to a SDA, I'm bettin.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess that one can be sold to both the pro- and anti-Hillary Clinton sides. [​IMG]

5. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Psalm 104 asked about the bumper sticker that said: SABBATH: What part of forever dont you understand?

It means that God never changed the Sabbath from the 7th day of the week to the first day of the week. In the old testament they were told to observe the sabbath as a perpetual covenant. In other words,forever.

Aelah,

Tam

6. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

But Jesus was "Resurrected" on the "SABBATH".

Le 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days:

on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

Sabbath..1..2..3..4..5..6..Sabbath..Sabbath.

The "Second Sabbath" was know as a "HIGH DAY".

Joh 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

So the "EIGHTH DAY" was a "SABBATH DAY".

Mr 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, (Eighth day)

Context, context, context. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unfortunaley the High Sabbath in the crucifiction week come prior to the weekly Sabbath! That is why He was not crucified on Good Friday!