1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Burial Practices

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by BobinKy, Feb 27, 2011.

1. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

Recently I have had several family members die. I thought I would share a common burial practice here in Kentucky.

Practice: Bury the body so the feet point toward the East.
    This burial practice is related to Matt. 24:27 and the practice is the body should lie in the ground so as to rise and meet Christ coming from the East at the Second Coming.

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be (Matt. 24:27; KJB)​

What do you think of this burial practice? Are there other burial practices that you are willing to share?

...Bob

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to a funeral several years ago and Farmer Brown (yes, that is his real name) had a fork in his folded hands. I was told that was so he would be ready for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

3. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

I have heard of this happening here in Kentucky.

. . . Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb . . . (Rev. 17:9; KJB).​

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lately every one I know has been incinerated but I prefer a Viking Funeral.You know, a burning boat floating off into the sunset. Gives them something to talk about.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well in New Jersey, we have this thing called "Shallow & Unmarked Grave" ....generally in the Meadow Lands or the Pine Barrons" oh with two to the back a da head. LOL:laugh:

sometimes they get buried under Giants Stadium!