1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bus driver fired for obscene gesture to Bush

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Terry_Herrington, Nov 6, 2006.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I would like to know what the company/district policy is for employees who make obscene gestures before I cast a vote.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What if there were no precedents, and her case was the precedent ?
    I think she should be fired, at worse, or suspended, at the least.
    She isn't just a bus driver whose responsibility is to take the school children to their stops.
    In that bus, she was the authority figure, and ought to have conducted herself in a more professional manner.
    Soldiers in my country had a saying:

here's a lieutenant I hate, but I will salute him because that's the regulation, and after I do that, I still have my dime in my pockets, and my b--ls in front where they should be.

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Superneptuen,
    My apologies. I thought questioning a statement made in a post was allowable. I must have been wrong.

I would like to make a correction: You said, "...stick to the op (for once)." Before making incorrect statements, you might want to read all the previous posts, especially post number 2. Since you apparently missed it, I said, "Since she made that "obscene gesture" in front of children she should be fired. It doesn't matter who she made it to."

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That was a long time ago - he wasn't president then. A better example is the VP - he used filthy language to a reporter not on his own time, but while on duty as VP.

It's going to arbitration. Since no child was endangered, I'll be surprised if the firing holds. Probably it depends on how good the union is and how hard it is to come by reliable bus drivers.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Daisy

Good post!

Wayne

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Number 2 was answered by Number 5. Maybe I misunderstood you. I have no tolerence for obscene gestures, as one time it was done by a group of kids I had picked up for church on the church van to another car at a stop light. I didnt even realize they had done it until the end of the van route. Needless to say, it did not happen again.

That said, the driver should have been fired because of the children she was driving, and that is something one does not do on the job, regardless who you are with. One last thing, respect must be earned, whether you are a deacon, pastor, or high ranking politician.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

saturneptune

Great post.

I think I would say that respect must be 'maintained'. Yes earning respect is maintainence, but not all respect must be earned . . . a child to a parent, for example.

A private to a sergeant for example.

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Then they could either fire her and thereby set a precedent or they could discipline her in some lesser way and thereby set a precedent.