1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bus Ministry Needs

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by USN2Pulpit, Feb 25, 2005.

1. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Anyone out there have access to or have examples of things you need when running a bus ministry? I'm particularly interested in a sheet that a rider's parent would sign that grants permission.

2. Pete

Pete New Member

:mad: I'm not impressed....Had just typed a mini-sermon on the topic and schtoopid browser crashed on me :mad: Anyway, as best as I can from memory:

1: ....A BUS! :D :rolleyes: ;)

Now back to the serious stuff....again....

Make sure the thing is insured for EVERYTHING. Generally the image we get of U.S. from outside is a sue happy place where someone will take you to court if they cut a finger and think they can get something out of you for it. Down Under is heading the same way.

Check local laws to see requirements if passengers are paying (even if not actually). I was driver for 20 seater at old Church and researched the situation through Department of Transport (DOT). The law down here is that you can not take ANY money from a passenger unless you are a DOT accredited operator, that includes people volunteering to chip in gas money. Now as a cabbie of 12 years experience it is my expert opinion that DOT can take a short walk off a tall cliff into a deep lake...However if get caught messing with that mob they come down HARD!

If carrying kids check up on laws regarding that too. Down here the law is we have to have at least 2 adults with the kids at all times, Sunday school, bus, you name it. Triple check insurance again.

Our Church did not have permission slips/waivers, just a note with "all care taken, no liability accepted" or something like that. Did a quick web-search and came across these permission slips/waivers, they might give you a couple of ideas for that part of it: LINK , LINK , LINK

God bless, and keep on truckin! [​IMG]