1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bus Ministry

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by JZN, Feb 9, 2002.

1. JZN

JZN New Member

My Husband and I will be starting our own bus route for our church picking up childern in our area for Sunday School and Junior Church.
    I am looking for any Ideas anyone may have on Promotions, fun activities, songs games you name it we would love to hear it.

Thank you
    Jzn

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: JZN ]

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You can do many things.

1.) Just on Sunday Promotions: Hat day, Best snowflake day (bring one you made), Valentine day, Flower day, etc. etc. or something centering around a sport that might be big in your area.

You would give out prizes to all or to the best of. . .

2.) Plan a special activity a month to do as a family group--like children bring their families to a picnic in the park, or to a Fall Festival, or to a Movie at Church night.

3.) Have a lunch after church once in a while for them.

4.) Go out for ice cream after church.

5.) Take them to camp during the summer. And Bible School.

6.) Make strong efforts to include and involve and invite their parents and family.

3. Sam

Sam New Member

I think geting the kids excited about getting to church is a great idea.We don't have a bus(wish we did).Saggy had some really good ideas!

*You could play children's sing along tapes.

*Give out a piece of candy,drink or fruit when they get off.

*You could give them a flyer of activities to do like games,puzzles,jokes and bible studies to do after church.Put your name and number on it(to let you know for sure they need to be picked up).

*You and your husband could dress up like some type of bible charictor or have a bus clown ministry.

*The kid or church likes to play what we call "Jesus Says"-Played like Simon Says.

"I hope God blesses your ministry in a mighty way!

:D Sheila

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I grew up on the bus ministry as a child / product of an active ministry. Things they did on the bus include:

Singing songs

Going fast on the rail road tracks

Getting a peice of gum or candy when I got off

Seeing the same workers most every week

As I got older, I went visiting with our bus captain. This was a rite of passage for me, for she taught me faithfulness to a task. Visit, Visit, Visit, and Minister as you visit.

5. JZN

JZN New Member

You guys are great thank you for your ideas and encouragement What a blessing you have been.

If you think of anything else let me know.

love in Christ
    JZN [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. paul hadik

paul hadik New Member

our church was very successful after we painted our bus white, fastened a large styrofoam ice cream cone on the top and had the pastor yell "ding ding!!" out the window as we drove along.

Please be careful about bait and switching young children just to get them to a service.
    If the Mormons had a bus ministry where they passed out candy and played games and "drove fast on the railroad tracks" (???)all in an effort to get young children to their services we'd be up in arms.
    What is the difference in Baptists' doing it that way?

Why not have the bus start at the church, fill with members and go out to the families every night of the week?

7. Blood

Blood New Member

My first experiece in hearing the gospel of christ was because of a little pink school bus that roamed our rural neighborhood of
    east L.A.(not Louisiana). There is a place and time to pick up stragglers off the street. ""BUT""
    (AS PREVIOUSLY POSTED)
    (By Paul Hadik # 2096)
    Why not have the bus start at the church, fill with members and go out to the families every night of the week?
    I have always believed myself that you will have fewer troubles later , if you start out
    going with the gospel instead of a bus schedule. G. Blood

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I can only speak for myself, but I didn't ride the bus because I wanted it to go fast on the tracks. That was just a memory. I rode the bus because I wanted to go to church and learn about God. After I came to know Christ, and grew some, I rode the bus because I wanted to see others ride the bus and know Christ, too.

I cannot speak for others about this, though.

9. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Here's a promotion my Pastor told us about...

SUPER SOAKER SUNDAY

Well, he said he got in trouble a few times, but it was fun and the kids loved it! LoL

Details: The kids would pile in the bus and they would open the back door and just start spraying a hose into the bus...well, you can imagine WHY he got in trouble huh? LoL

Happy SOAKING!

Kathy
    <><