1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush&Kerry both christians: why a Bush-Cheney banner and not a Kerry-Edwards banner ?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by corinne, Oct 30, 2004.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I learned long ago that the term "FAITH" and Christianity aren't necessarily synonomous. Did Kerry state what his "FAITH" was in? If he was not specific that it was (is) Jesus Christ, then this faith just may be more political fodder for the masses; nothing more, nothing less!

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Even the demons believe... and tremble!

Christian means FOLLOWER of Christ and His teachings and not just someone who believes Jesus lived. Even historians will admit Jesus lived, whether or not they are acceptant of his death on the cross for remission of sin!

3. corinne

corinne New Member

You're relating a persons conversion as flip-flopping?? Wow. What an ignorant statement. </font>[/QUOTE]You misread me. I meant flip-flopping regarding his position as a pro lifer. It looks to me as Bush found being born again a very convenient way to excuse his actions during the first 40 years of his life. It coincides a bit too much with the beginning of his political life, pulled together by special interest money and Daddy's relations, and it is suspicious to me.

AS I said, I believe in degrees of Christian"ship". The devil would be a Christian with zero purity (because the devil believes in Christ), and Jesus Christ would be 100% pure, the perfect Christian, with a score none of us can ever get close to on this earth. i think we continually go up and down that ladder of purity, as Christians, and I think Bush and Kerry are no exceptions.

Corinne

4. corinne

corinne New Member

Even the demons believe... and tremble!

Christian means FOLLOWER of Christ and His teachings and not just someone who believes Jesus lived. Even historians will admit Jesus lived, whether or not they are acceptant of his death on the cross for remission of sin!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Christian means whoever believes that Jesus is the Son of God. This is the only requirement for being a Christian. Of course if you believe that and acknowledge it publicly, you have to then follow his teachnigs or it would make no sense at all and your heart, your conversion, would not be sincere if you did not!

You (generic you)could be the worst criminal on earth, if you found Jesus Christ and sincerely believed that he is God and the son of God, on the last day of your life, you would be saved, even though you would not have always followed his commandments or teachings, even though you would not have believed in him for a long time.

Corinne

5. corinne

corinne New Member

Of course not. CNN originally reported on the story and then recanted. (wonder why)

Here are some details:

In the winter of 1971 George W. Bush was dating a woman named Robin Lowman (now Robin Garner). Miss Lowman became pregnant by Smirk and he arranged for her to have an abortion - which in the great state of Texas in 1971 was very illegal! Not to mention that George W. is running as a pro-life candidate for the presidency.
    The unnamed source of this story, was a friend of Robin Lowman's and the girlfriend of the man who arranged the abortion. His name is Robert Carl Chandler. Chandler is a Bush friend and supporter from way back and he made the arrangements for Miss Lowman's abortion at the Twelve Oaks Hospital in Houston, TX (now the Bayou City Medical Center). The source overheard the call by Mr. Chandler to arrange the abortion and the source visited Robin Lowman at the Twelve Oaks Hospital after the procedure.

The source meanwhile, is afraid of coming forward, saying that she was threatened by Chandler and another Bush friend and supporter named Jim Bath. Bath has longstanding intelligence connections, and played a role in the BCCI scandal. Robin Lowman (now Garner) is married to Jerry Lee Garner who is an FBI agent.

So, that's the story: an illegal back room abortion arranged by the Republican party Presidential candidate who is running on a pro-life ticket.

Personally, I do not hold it against Bush. We all have skeletons in our closets and we have all sinned too (and still do).

Corinne

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Disagree with this!

That's head knowledge only and not a repenting and turning from sin. Accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior and becoming a Christian is a LOT more than believing He is the son of God. Satan and his demons are NOT Christians.

7. corinne

corinne New Member

I learned long ago that the term "FAITH" and Christianity aren't necessarily synonomous. Did Kerry state what his "FAITH" was in? If he was not specific that it was (is) Jesus Christ, then this faith just may be more political fodder for the masses; nothing more, nothing less! </font>[/QUOTE]Oh come on, Kerry has stated many times that he is a Catholic. Aren't catholics Christians?

Corinne

8. corinne

corinne New Member

Disagree with this!

That's head knowledge only and not a repenting and turning from sin. Accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior and becoming a Christian is a LOT more than believing He is the son of God. Satan and his demons are NOT Christians.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I did not say anything about the demons. I spoke about the devil only.

And if you believe what is in the Bible it clearly says that the main requirement for being a Christian is to acknowledge publicly that Jesus is Christ, son of God and God. There is no other requirement.

Corinne

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Corinne asked:

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Corinne said:
    James 2: 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!

Corinne said:

11. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I didn't miss read you at all. You misunderstand what being born again means, as is obvious in your thoughts concerning the devil being a Christian.

Have you experienced conversion? If you have, do you think differently? Do you do things differently? Do you approach life and moral issues differently? I would hope so.

As far as George Bush's conversion goes, have you listened to what close friends, family, ministers and associates have testified concerning him? Have you listened to his own confession? Maybe it's easy to sit back over there in London and play judge and jury to an American President, but you need to collect your facts before making such a suggestion.

I resent your accusation that George Bush "found religion" as a "convenient way" to exuse his first forty years of life, and that it "coincides a bit too much with the beginning of his political life."

Which proves your screwed-up theology. You've got more problems than what your charging the President with, sister.

12. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Maybe because... it wasn't true?? Why would a station like CNN recant if they had the story!?

13. corinne

corinne New Member

I didn't miss read you at all. You misunderstand what being born again means, as is obvious in your thoughts concerning the devil being a Christian.

Have you experienced conversion? If you have, do you think differently? Do you do things differently? Do you approach life and moral issues differently? I would hope so.

As far as George Bush's conversion goes, have you listened to what close friends, family, ministers and associates have testified concerning him? Have you listened to his own confession? Maybe it's easy to sit back over there in London and play judge and jury to an American President, but you need to collect your facts before making such a suggestion.

I resent your accusation that George Bush "found religion" as a "convenient way" to exuse his first forty years of life, and that it "coincides a bit too much with the beginning of his political life."

Which proves your screwed-up theology. You've got more problems than what your charging the President with, sister.
    </font>[/QUOTE]No I have not experienced conversion, I have always believed. And I am not judging or accusing Bush, I only said that in my opinion, I do not believe he is a good Christian, but that he is a bad Christian, if he is a Christian at all (which neither you nor me can be absolutely sure of).

What I said about Bush conveniently using his faith to excuse his dodgy past was only a personal opinion, which you have the right to agree with or disagree with, but does not give you the right to attack me, or attack my personal theology. There is no need to be nasty and rejectful here, we should be able to discuss points of theology in a calm and tolerant way.

i am not a Kerry fan at all and whether i am in London or in the USA, whether I am american or not should not matter on a Baptist board, as we are all here because we have similar beliefs.

Before cataloguing people and calling them ignorant, or attacking them, we should at least try to consider what they are saying and asking ourselves if we understood what they said in the first place.

Corinne

14. corinne

corinne New Member

Maybe because... it wasn't true?? Why would a station like CNN recant if they had the story!? </font>[/QUOTE]Well that does say something about CNN doesn't it? Don't believe what they say.The source meanwhile, is afraid of coming forward, saying that she was threatened by Chandler and another Bush friend and supporter named Jim Bath. Bath has longstanding intelligence connections, and played a role in the BCCI scandal. Robin Lowman (now Garner) is married to Jerry Lee Garner who is an FBI agent.

So, that's the story: an illegal back room abortion arranged by the Republican party Presidential candidate who is running on a pro-life ticket.
    If it is true they will recant and if it is false they will recant as well, so how do you make out what is true or false?

Corinne

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Corinne said: No I have not experienced conversion, I have always believed.

That is not a Baptist distinctive.

16. corinne

corinne New Member

No but it is my answer to a question someone asked me. I never pretended this answer to be a Baptist distinctive.

Corinne

17. corinne

corinne New Member

Maybe because... it wasn't true?? Why would a station like CNN recant if they had the story!? </font>[/QUOTE]Well that does say something about CNN doesn't it? Don't believe what they say.The source meanwhile, is afraid of coming forward, saying that she was threatened by Chandler and another Bush friend and supporter named Jim Bath. Bath has longstanding intelligence connections, and played a role in the BCCI scandal. Robin Lowman (now Garner) is married to Jerry Lee Garner who is an FBI agent.

If it is true they will recant and if it is false they will recant as well, so how do you make out what is true or false?

Corinne
    </font>[/QUOTE]What? This is not at all what I posted. Moderator please do not mix previous answers with my answers thanks - this is not fair at all. When you edit and delete pieces of post, please at least warn people and say so. Includes [snip]s in the censored replies you let through, so that people do not think i am a complete moron (well they may still do but at least i would know it is about what i wrote and not about what you let through).

Respectfully thanking you
    Corinne

18. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

What is your real beef here, Corinne? It started off with the absence of a Kerry ad. You've suggested politics and Christianity don't mix, so why not ask the original question in that regard, that is, why are there political ads on a Christian Board? Is the original complaint of the missing Kerry ad a smokescreen for your underlying issues you might have with the President?

19. corinne

corinne New Member

I have to say goodnight. PLease if you are interested in discussing with me, email me in private at: [email protected]

Thanks
    Corinne

20. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Corinne,

My apologies for being a bit abrasive. I get a little wound-up sometimes. [​IMG]