1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a [edited] piece of paper'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Never would do it because:

"No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs - he wants to please his commanding officer." 2 Tim. 2:4
    </font>[/QUOTE]PN, are you insinuating that Emeraldcityangel is a real soldier---we don't know that for sure. :rolleyes: .And is there really anymore room for another political based religion---I think we have more than enough already. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. WHYME

WHYME New Member

PL; Would you call R. Limbaugh or the "GRIT" Newspaper reliable information sources?

3. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
    with the cross of Jesus going on before.
    Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe; forward into battle see his banners go!

4. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

More important than what Bush said, was his behavior. We now find out that the career people in the Justice Department found that redistricting in Texas was Unconstitutional, but Bush's appointees overruled the finding.

We now discover that he's been spying on American citizens, even listening in on telephone converstations without a warrant.

Of course he thinks of the Constitution that way. What is more important is that he acts on his belief.

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

What is really amazing is the number of people here at the BB who will excuse, even applaud Bush's behavior on behalf of the "War on Terrorism."

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Terry, it's because he is a Republican. Didn't you get the bumper sticker that said GOP = GOD

Anyone in the GOP is of course on the side of God and we as Christian's should support them even in their time of trials...

I am with you, I don't understand how people can stand up for someone just because. Why is it that they can't act with their conscience, with their faith, and Christian values, vers just sticking with someone because they are with the Republican party.

Jamie

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Not familiar with Grit; only listen to Rush on rare occasion when I am in the car and Jim Rome is on commercial break. Probably totals less than an hour in the past year. I don't consider Rush a reliable information source. He is an opinion source.

Perhaps I missed something, but I wasn't aware the Constitution empowered "career people in teh justice department" to determine what was constitutional. Perhaps you could point us to that amendment.

Last I heard, judges were appointed to determine constitutionality, not "career people in the Justice Department."

Have you heard differently?

8. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Might be actually possible if I had time to actually watch tv. But hey...everyone has to have a dream. [​IMG] Guess what poncho? I was able to speak freely this morning and was not arrested! How fun! Rights still intact.

PN - I expect you never could do it because your thoughts do not seem all that organized. I just wonder if you ever read what you type. Prob not.

Rock - we had this discussion offline where you apologized. Nice of you to bring it out to the public arena. I can only determine that you just cant let go the fact a woman is doing what you think is men's work, something you cant (most likely wont) even do. That kind of thinking is likely the root of most of our problems. Nobody who complains will stand up and do anything.

Tell ya what, come on out to Pearl and I will give you the 5 cent tour, if I am not deployed. Till then, keep your punk cards to yourself. Cant even give those away huh? Fred Flintstone was just a cartoon, not a role model. How sad. However, its your problem, not mine.

9. emeraldctyangel

Terry, it's because he is a Republican. Didn't you get the bumper sticker that said GOP = GOD

Anyone in the GOP is of course on the side of God and we as Christian's should support them even in their time of trials...

I am with you, I don't understand how people can stand up for someone just because. Why is it that they can't act with their conscience, with their faith, and Christian values, vers just sticking with someone because they are with the Republican party.

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]I dont understand how you can blame the entire lot in your life on one person.

What you wrote is blasphemous. Amazing how far some will go to tear down another. Even at the expense of their own salvation.

10. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

No Emeraldcityangel [personal attack snipped], you see I have actually known people who have been in the service and have had brothers and other relatives who have been in the military. Unlike you they know what is required to be dignified while representing their country at the same time. We hear a lot of your bragging but that is all we have to only assume that you bleed for this country on a daily basis. The rest of us real Americans have a high regard for the constitution and we will not allow a sitting President or any of his little puppets walk all over the Constitution in order to set up their Global Fascist regime
    P.S. Love that wierd sense of humor of yours. [​IMG]

[ December 19, 2005, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The incident began with a military-style raid on February 28, complete with helicopter gunships firing down upon the women's and children's quarters. Then followed a long siege. On April 19, the US government sent tanks to demolish and gas the building where the people lived. The government said they decided to gas the Davidians because they were concerned about the sanitary conditions in the house, because they were afraid one of the Davidians, David Koresh, was spanking babies, and because the FBI agents were getting tired.

SOURCE

You are dreaming. [​IMG]

But don't sweat it the rest of us are able to carry on without ya. Sleep tight. [​IMG]

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

He said he was when I asked him. Unless you have a really strong evidence otherwise, we should take him at his word. I have no reason to doubt him.

Edited to add:
    Woman? He's a she?

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I believe emeraldcityangel is being genuine, no reason to think otherwise.

14. emeraldctyangel

Feel better rocko? LOL! Try some metamucil next time and spare the rest of us from all that (personal attack deleted) stuff. OOOOOhh you have actually *KNOWN* some soldiers? Wow let me take my cover off and raise it in your direction. [​IMG] Or would you prefer bowing? I bet. Dont hold your breath.

Thanks Daisy. I am a girl and wouldnt have it any other way. I thought that was clear months ago, sorry.

Poncho, thanks, but David Koresh spanking babies...what?? I wish I was dreaming, but there isnt that much time to get that much rest. Exactly what are you carrying on with...the march to change the President? Or watching every single minute of cable tv? I see no progress in the first suggestion and cant figure out what good the completing the second one would do.
    *shrugs* There is never a dead horse around when you need one. Peace on Earth.

15. larry9179

larry9179 New Member

The problem liberals have with the Patriot Act is that it has the potential to expose their hatred of the core principles upon which our freedoms are founded. They hide, like the American Nazi Party does, behind the Constitution while doing everything they can to destroy it. When they are caught, they accuse the rest of us of doing exactly what they were doing. Michael Moore calling President Bush a Nazi is like looking in a mirror and recognizing himself.

The problem with the Internet is that anyone can express their opinions on it. Most of us don't have anything worth saying to start with. We regurgitate what we've heard someone say and by passing it along we act as though we're an authority. In this case, I'll do what we Christians are always urged to do: observe the fruit. Bush's fruit looks pretty good. Not so sure about the other guys.

16. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

I say we have enough fruits in Washington D.C. right now to make one big humongeous fruitcake.Liberals,conservatives , they are all the same to me. Bottom line is I don't want my rights and freedoms watered down and redefined.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

18. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Update from the OP Source:

The firestorm over Friday’s column quoting President George W. Bush’s obscene outburst over the Constitution continues to grow with our email box overflowing from outraged readers who think the President should be impeached along with pro-Bushites who want my head on a platter.

I’m surprised by the public’s anger over this. When a GOP operative first emailed me about the White House meeting where Bush called the Constitution “just a ********* piece of paper,” I put it aside as one of many reports I get about the President’s temper tantrums.

&lt;snip&gt;

We get tips about Bush’s temper and his comments all the time. Most of the tips don’t get used because we don’t go with information from just one source. The tip about “the ********* piece of paper” seemed destined for the byte bin until a second aide, in casual conversation, mentioned the comment.

So I called a third source who has confirmed information in the past. At first he was defensive.

“Who told you about that?” I told him I’d picked it up from two other sources.

“Look, you know how the President is,” he said. “He gets agitated when people challenge him.”

All I wanted to know was did the President of the United States call the Constitution a “********* piece of paper.”

“Yeah. He did.”

So I went with the story. To me it was just another example of a President who too often lets his anger get the better of him, particularly with anyone who dares disagree. I didn’t see it as a rallying cry for those who either want Bush’s head for his various misdeeds or mine for daring report them.

Some say Bush should be impeached. Sorry, I don’t agree. He’s not the first President to consider the Constitution an expendable document and he won’t be the last. Most Presidents have complained that the Constitution gets in their way.

Source: http://www.capitolhillblue.com/