1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush Tax Cuts for Rich

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 4, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

So...you have average abilities but want above-average pay?

Hmm....I believe I'll give a big fat "no comment"

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Union shops work around that. It's called 'casual labor,' and it's done all the time.

Technically, everyone is 'casual labor,' which means you have to call in every day.

Magically, all union employees would forget to call in, but would be worked.

After a couple of "warnings" and "encouragments," non-union folks would be told they weren't needed. Every day. Until they join the union, or give up.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

>>Originally Posted by billwald

>>don't bad mouth me because I am smart enough to realize I only have average abilities.

>So...you have average abilities but want above-average pay?

No. I am happy with union scale. In Washington State union scale is considered the norm by legislation. I never wanted more than my union contract.

4. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

Should your pay not be established by you and your employer?

Should your employer not pay you based on your value to the company?

If a law has to set your pay scale, then the business is no longer running itself and the price of the goods and services is being set by law. I don't believe that is how America was established and it also means that government has gotten too big for its britches.

I can see how some employees like the concept, though. It is a nice security blanket for them.

5. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine. I made a typo. You demonstrated that you have no clue about current events or what's going on in Congress.

6. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine. I made a typo. You demonstrated that you have no clue about current events or what's going on in Congress.

Before you criticize my typing ability, you should probably be aware that both "You do know the meaning of assume don't you if you break down the word?" and "BTW you spelled curiosity incorrectly" are grammatically incorrect. In fact, the second sentence contains two grammatical errors.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You think so do you? Who made you the expert? And you have the nerve to call others arrogant. I will bear that in mind.

8. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't need to be an expert. I can read your posts and the claims you're making and compare them to reality.

What's more, I'm not the only person who has pointed out your lack of understanding of what's going on.

And, by the way, there are two grammatical errors in your post.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

>Should your pay not be established by you and your employer?

No. My employer should negotiate individually with 12,000 people?

>Should your employer not pay you based on your value to the company?

It is more economical for most large employers to bargain with a labor union . . . or to pay scab wages to every employee.

10. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

Your employer hired 12k people all at the same time?

It is absolutely NOT economical to bargain with a labor union. I'll also state that it has not be economical to even have labor unions - it has cost Americans billions of dollars bailing out large corporations who were going bankrupt because of the costs of labor unions.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well aren't you the English teacher now... LOL!! These are your opinions JDF...nothing more. If I was to listen to you & your friends (oh sorry, you don't have any friends). Never mind. ROFL!

12. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Ooops, there he goes again on a rant!

:thumbs:

13. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, actually, you're the one who brought it up.

No, actually, they're not just my opinions. This is something that is actually happening.

Oh, that's nice. Personal attacks. Maybe you and annsi can go somewhere and attack my children.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Whats Ann got to do with this. I consider her a lovely Christian woman who I would advise you not bring up. Regarding your children, I don't see anyone demeaning them. you need to go and chill out. This is a ridiculous conversation.