1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush to Ask $195 billion to Fund Iraq, Afgan Conflicts

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by KenH, Sep 24, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bush to ask 195 billion to fund Iraq, Afgan wars: report Sun Sep 23, 8:24 PM ET

The White House will ask Congress next week to approve another massive spending measure for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan totaling nearly 200 billion dollars, The Los Angeles Times reported on its website late Saturday.

Citing unnamed Pentagon officials, the newspaper said if President George W. Bush's spending request is approved, 2008 will be the most expensive year of the Iraq war.

- http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070924/wl_asia_afp/usiraqafghanistanwarbudget_070923235020

How much longer will this go on before our economy sinks under the weight of yearly $500 billion federal budget deficits?

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Cut the entitlement programs and the IRS and it will be less of an issue.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I don't defend entitlement programs but I find it rather interesting that you want to take the bread out of the mouths of children to feed the military-industrial complex that Republican President Dwight Eisenhower warned our nation about.

I say that we should freeze all government spending across the board until the budget is balanced and then only increase it as revenues increase.

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Typically I support the second part. Except fo the military. The world is much to dangerous not to have the worlds best miltary. But apparetnly you want to take the food out of the mouths of children to balance the budget.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need a balanced budget. The Pentagon's budget is large enough already.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Wwait a minute. You accused me of wanting to take the food out of childrens mouths. and then you suggested to cut the very same spending for a different reason. Do you not see a problem with that?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You want to increase the Pentagon's budget. I don't want to increase any program's budget until the overall budget is balanced. There's the difference, Timmy.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

So what you are saying is it is ok to take food out of the mouths of children just so long as it isn't to build up our military. Is that correct?

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am saying that in balancing the federal budget that in fairness all programs must share in the freeze.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

No sir you insuated that I wanted to take food out of the mouths of children because I believed in making cuts. Yet you insisted later on making the same cuts. So are you for the same thing you accused me of even if we have different reasons:

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize, 2 Timothy2:1-4. I withdraw the comment in question.

12. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Thank you.