1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush Warns Against Those Who Would Negotiate With Terrorists

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might be correct. A person has to have a conscience to care about such.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

There appears to be no depths to which you will not stoop. This is shameful.

Why are you letting anger control you in this way?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I learned it from the anti-Obama crowd that posts in this forum.

4. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

That's a pretty sad commentary, isn't it. It is pretty sad when any type of thinking is thrown out the window in order to be like other people who are against someone.

There are plenty of reasons to be against Obama. There are plenty of reasons to be against McCain. But anger is not among them. It is sad to see you actually admit your reasoning here.

Saying that president has no conscience is abominable, even for your standards. Surely you can disagree with his foreign policy without stooping to such personal attacks that are manifestly untrue.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to worry, the time should be approaching for the next phase, which has to be back to strict conservatism, cause the limit has pretty well been reached on the liberal slide.:BangHead::BangHead:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you hear the shallow answer that President Bush gave this week for giving up golf, PL? If not, here ya go:

"This is hardly the only preposterous aspect of President Bush's notion of giving up golf because he's sad about Iraq, but it does seem worth pointing out that he hasn't given up recreational boating and fishing at his family's enormous summer estate in Kennebunkport, Maine during the same period. If, as Bush says, "playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal" then what's the difference between that and his other leisure pursuits?

Meanwhile, it seems he actually gave up golf because of knee trouble a bit after the time he claims to have given it up to respect the troops."

- http://matthewyglesias.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/05/no_golf_for_bush.php

There is no doubt that George W. Bush is the shallowest person we have ever had as president of the United States.

FTR, I don't hate anybody, including President Bush. However, I do think that he is a shallow person and an awful president.

#66 KenH, May 17, 2008
    Last edited: May 17, 2008
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your hate seems to know no bounds.

Golf!

Of all things.:rolleyes:

You really need to get a grip.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Not sure how that is shallow, unless you are making up your own dictionary ... which I could understand since you make up your own reality as well. That was just a dumb article, to be honest, and I think most of us can see that as that political hackery that it is, though I am sure that you actually take it seriously.

Again, just a silly thing to say. There is great doubt about that. There is actually no reason to even say it.

It just shows that you don't think well and are easily given to hate. Face it Ken. You are politically gullible. You will believe almost anything somebody tells you. And given your occupation, that is surprising. You are in accounting, if I recall correctly, which takes some brains ... some ability to think. Apparently for you it takes it all, since you apply none of it in politics.

You were much more convincing when you were arguing that everyone should vote for Ron Paul. Now your later tomfoolery has revealed a great lack of critical thinking.

#68 Pastor Larry, May 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2008
  9. rbell

rbell Active Member

I don't suppose you have credible sources for such accusations...

...and "weekly world news" doesn't count... :saint:

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't hate anybody and your are bearing false witness when you say that I do.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

As expected the Bush crowd just made light of another Bush blunder. Now if it had been Obma, Clinton, Kerry or any other democrat the republican cronies would be up in arms!

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. The GOPers are the kings/queens of the double standard.

13. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I didn't say you that hated anyone. You are bearing false witness when you say that I did. Not only do you not think well; you don't even read well.

14. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Who are you talking about? So far as I know, I am the only one who addressed it and I am not part of the "Bush crowd" nor did I make light of it.

Is my browser messing up and not showing some responses? Or are you being dishonest?

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Naw. You just defend President Bush and Republicans and bash Democrats.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "It just shows that you don't think well and are easily given to hate." - Pastor Larry

17. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

You are bearing false witness again.

I defend Bush when people say stuff that is wrong or make bad arguments. Overall, he has been a pretty poor president, though probably middle of the road in comparison to others. He is certainly not as bad as Carter or Johnson. Far worse than some others.

I bash both Republicans and Democrats when it is a topic I feel like talking about, which isn't much these days.

But the truth is that you were dishonest in your comments above about my statements. Will you rectify it?

18. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Thanks for quoting me. It demonstrates that you were either dishonest or unable to read. I didn't say you hated anyone. I said you are easily given to hate.

#78 Pastor Larry, May 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2008
  19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I have posted, I have posted.

20. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

So you prove yourself wrong and refuse to correct it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.