1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 7, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

But how else would they make themselves feel superior to the rest of us? </font>[/QUOTE]Can you show us the proof that his/our/anyones motivation is to feel superior?

2. Brother James

Brother James New Member

But how else would they make themselves feel superior to the rest of us? </font>[/QUOTE]Can you show us the proof that his/our/anyones motivation is to feel superior? </font>[/QUOTE]No they can't brother. The reason they react like this is they know that Biblical they're wrong on this issue and they have no biblical argument for thier position. If you can show me in the New Testament that it's OK to torture someone then I'll go along with it.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One thing I am relatively certain of, Christ would not take a person's statements out of context and manufacture a totally different meaning as a verbal weapon against them!

He would either argue on the actual merits of the statements or He would refrain from comments.

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I don't believe I need to.

The tone of your posts speak for themselves.

I'm happy that the two of you have found each other to share your spirtual high horse.

If I'm "Biblically wrong", then it shouldn't be that hard to show me from scripture where I'm wrong, should it?

If you can show me where in the New Testament it's not OK to torture someone, then I'll go along with that.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Humble tone?

6. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

BJ, So now you are willing to believe one of these un-Christlike soldiers who are so evil they have dared to "intimidate" these terrorists? By the way, did you have prayer meeting before you violated the copyright law when you rewrote and published this on this board? How un-Christlike.

Proof please.

7. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

I doubt very seriously that the treatment God ordered the Israelites to give to the people they conquered would gain the approval of the world today. He commanded them to kill man, woman, child, beast and burn their cities. How say you now? Don't try to twist this into saying that I have claimed He approves of torture and mistreatment. I use it to show you that the God of the Bible imposes harsh judgement on His enemies at times, and uses mankind to carry out that judgement.

So don't be so quick to condemn the actions of others, especially when you have no PROOF. (Caps intentional.)

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, I asked you for your proof. (bold wasn't an accident)

Where are these facts?

9. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Check prior posts. You, BJ etc. made the accusations. At that time I asked for proof. All I got was a fillibuster. Since you made the accusation the burden of proof is on you. I have not made any accusations requiring proof.

Since you have provided none, I conclude there is none. Just more hate America trash being spewed by the radical left.

10. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I don't need to look any further than your own words, SeekingTruth. It is right there: the ends justify the means. As a matter of fact, you even wrote it again.

I pointed out that you have implied that the ends justify the means. Interesting that you felt compelled to post twice to me. Like I said: you didn't have to add anything further.

Regards,
    BiR

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Okay I checked your prior posts. Just talking points, that doesn't even pass for evidence let alone proof. C'mon you can do better than that. [​IMG]

12. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Question for BiR: Where have I said, in reference to torture, that the ends justifies the means? :confused: No place, no time, no way. I did say, and still maintain, that if embarassment of a bunch of murdering terrorists saves the life of even one American, it is worth it. Embarrass away. [​IMG]

As to justifying torture, please provide the quote where I said it. Otherwise, retract your statement. Don't lay some left wing interpretation that twists the words out as proof.

Poncho: Talking points :confused: . Get real. All I asked for is proof. You and your like-minded posters are the ones guilty of posting talking points. They are certainly not supported by any facts you have provided. If you have proof, provide it. If not you guys should not make such sweeping accusations. Provide the proof or quit posting unfounded rumors.

BJ, I am still waiting for an answer to my oft repeated question. You seem willing to cast aspersions on the Christianity of others, at least answer my question. :rolleyes:

13. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

------------------------
    I repost this as an effort to clarify if my statement equals " the ends justifies the means"?
    If it does then so be it. I wont retract it. Just looking for clarrification. And when the next terrorism strike occurs, and we werent ready because all our military guards and intel people were in sensitivity and diversity training, I can prety much pick out the people on this board who will be crying and whining the loudest saying this administration wasnt ready. And those same people will be correct, because this administration has buckled to you.

14. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Abject fatuity, nothing more.

Let's take this point by point:
    When did I EVER say that you said this? HUH?
    Let's go back to my post on October 9, 2005 @ 9:24 AM:

Are you suggesting that this somehow justifies the use of torture? I certainly hope not........

Regards,
    BiR </font>[/QUOTE]I asked you a question, didn't I? I didn't say anything about what you said, I asked you a question. I didn't make this up: it's right there on page 3 of this thread. One more time: I asked you a question. Perhaps you should actually read what I write next time.

So, for a third time, you are saying that the ends justify the means.

Let's recap:
    The statement that I reproduced on page 3:
    Your response to my comments:
    And now, one more time:
    Yeah, I get it, so you really don't need to write it again, although I feel you will.

Utter foolishness. Please show me where I accused you of "justifying torture." Again, I asked you a question. Show me anywhere I wrote this statement.

Wow: now that's original. I know what that means...... :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should take a deep breath, and think about what you are going to write before you hit the "add reply" button.

BiR

15. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

BiR regardless of how you twist the debate, your accusation is false. I do not condone torture. If it pleases you liberal little mind to jump an enormous chasm and come to the conclusion that I advocate the old Jesuit argument that the end justifies the means, there is not much one can say about it. You and I will never agree on this issue, so let's agree to disagree. While I anticipate more of your sarcasm, I will ignore it.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

SOURCE

This is what the administration says...
    International law as in the Third Geneva Conventions says...
    Now I suspect I'll hear about the "enemy combatant" status. What is that? A way for the authorities to get around both international laws and those of the United States and escape responsibilty for their intents and actions. This isn't only my opnion but that of many respected legal authorities.

All information such as the Abu Ghraib photos is controlled by and through the Pentagon. It would have never been revealed unless the Pentagon give the official okie dokie. Why would they give the official okie dokie and make this all public?

To inflame the enemy and incite further actions on his part. Which is exactly what it did.

For one thing there is something called plausible deniability that the high up muckity mucks always enjoy, (See "Iran Contra Scandal") and they knew they could get away with claiming it was all the fault of a few lower ranking individuals and that good ole Rush (the shill) Limbaugh could be counted on to convince all the non self thinking sheople that the few low ranking individuals were "just blowing off steam, as in a fraternity prank". :rolleyes:

Now check out P2OG below.

Proactive Preemptive Operations Group

SOURCE

See Document At Source National Security Archives

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Could it be that the Abu Ghraib and Gitmo dabacles were made public to "stimulate reactions"?

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

For the Human Rights Watch Report, click here (linkie) .

Is a question the same as an accusation? It can be, but it can also be an actual question.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Daisy,

Can a question be used to stimulate a deeper curiosity and a motivation to investigate other possibilities than what, on the surface at first seem likely and plausible?

Naw, probably not. [​IMG]

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny how they "come forward" later, but don't bother to "come forward" while they are active duty while something could be done about it.

Appears some of them are self confessed criminals. Wonder what their penalty will be?

Is it at all possible they felt the noose tightening and now is the time to "come forward" so they can cop a plea?