1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BUSH Wins - Christians everywhere rejoice

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Gup20, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then, do you agree that we should be rejoicing that Bush - a man of faith in Jesus - is in office according to Pro 29:2: When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK, we'll go back on topic, and you'll be rescued from addressing my points.

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

So, would you say that the punishment for murder should be the same as that for speeding?

And, if you hear someone utter a bad word in the church parking lot, would you treat them the same as someone who embezzled money from the church?

4. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

There is a thread in general discussions on whether all sins are equal.

5. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the kingdom of God, yes. However, in a society, we need to protect people for the good of society. For our society's sake, the punishment is different for different offenses.

It depends on what you mean by 'treat them the same'. I think that you should treat them the same!! Let me SHOW you what I mean. I think we treat that person with love and respect as we would a member of our family who was caught doing the same thing. We should require that their debt to society be paid, and any responsibility to society be covered, but our love and attitude toward them should be completely consistent. We can continue to love someone and tell them that they shouldn't use foul language just as well as we should continue to love someone and support them as they are incarcerated and prosecuted for embezzeling funds. You see.... our love and attitude as christians should be as Christ's love is - infinate in mercy. However, we can do that and contiue to hold people accountable as a society.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Jim, not all of us are allowed in General Discussions.

Then again, you might think that a good thing.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Moderator note:

If you wish to continue the discussion on degrees of sin feel free to start a thread in the "Other Religions Forum."

This is not longer a thread discussing current events and will be closed if it does not return to topic.

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Well, the people I wish to discuss with won't debase themselves to acknowledge my existence. So why bother?

9. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    c4k seems to me that you are having an issue answering the general question of this topic...

Are you rejoicing that Bush won or not?

10. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

Some Democrats are reportedly so upset over Bush re-winning that they are moving to Canada and undergoing therapy in Florida! :rolleyes:

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's some long drive...

12. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

DAISY You so funny! Of course I meant that Canada and Florida were two separate events... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Good let them democrats go to Canada and I hope they take all their liberal buddies with em. Then maybe we'll be able to get on with being fascists without all that liberal whinning...drives me nuts! [​IMG]