1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BUSH Wins - Christians everywhere rejoice

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Gup20, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He also doesn't have to be the epidemy of what it means to be a Christian. He just has to have a willingness to follow what he believes is God's will for the direction of our country. He certainly has that far above the other legitimate contenders.

On an interview with Sean Hannity on FoxNews, Bush mentioned, for example, that he is a man of prayer... both praying and being prayed for... and that he is a man of God's Word - using the 'My uttmost for His Highest' daily scriptures. He said he "tries to read a little Word each day". The "Word" being the Bible.

This is in stark contrast to the Liberals and Democrats who use religion as a photo opp, and who think having been an altarboy or simply going to church or mass on Sunday makes you a spiritual person.

Kerry has shown zero interest in "doing the right thing". He only wants to further a Satanic agenda. Bush has shown that he is willing to do what's right regardless of how popular it is. Whether he knows what is right in every situation is not as important as his willingness to do what he thinks is right regardless of popular opinion.

As opposed to Democrats and Liberals who agree with homosexuality itself? The Democrats and Liberals stand for immorality in all forms - and increasing it's frequency and availability.

C4K you seem to be tremendously decieved as to the difference between advocacy and tolerance.

Pro 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

G.W.Bush is clearly a Godly and righteous man - you SHOULD be rejoicing.

2. here now

here now Member

I know at first I did my share of Clinton bashing. And then somewhere I heard that instead of downing him we should pray for him and from that moment on that is what I did.

And now that is the way I try my best to handle things.

I think that was a milestone in my Christian growth.

3. here now

here now Member

AMEN, GUP20

[ November 08, 2004, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: here now ]

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I thought I said I was????

5. blueridgewv

blueridgewv Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I. President Bush removed his Christian mask on Tuesday, October 26, when he told Charlie Gibson on an ABC's 'Good Morning America' interview that he supported the right of gays to have "civil unions" and that Christians pray to the same god as do Muslims.

NEWS BRIEF: "Bush breaks with GOP on same-sex unions", United Press International (UPI), 10/26/2004

"WASHINGTON, Oct. 26 (UPI) -- President Bush broke with the Republican Party platform in supporting states' rights to permit same-sex civil unions. 'I don't think we should deny people rights to a civil union, a legal arrangement, if that's what a state chooses to do so. ... I view the definition of marriage different from legal arrangements that enable people to have rights. And I strongly believe that marriage ought to be defined as between a union between a man and a woman.

"Now, having said that, states ought to be able to have the right to pass laws that enable people to be able to have rights like others," Bush told ABC's Charlie Gibson in an interview broadcast Tuesday on "Good Morning America."

As if he could not believe his ears, Gibson then asked the President the next logical question:

So the Republican platform on that point, as far as you're concerned, is wrong?" Gibson asked the president, to which Bush replied: "Right."

For those of us who have been thoroughly reading the news since 9/11/2001, this news is not new news. President Bush had quietly taken this position years ago. Cutting Edge posted an article exposing this double-mindedness in mid-April, 2002, when we posted an analysis based upon a Concerned Women of America article which raised the urgent alarm that President Bush's gay policy was identical to Clinton's (NEWS1652).

This expose' revealed the double-faced approach which Bush and his gay-lesbian allies were pushing, starting in 2002. On the one hand, they were going to define "Marriage" as a union between a man and a woman (thus satisfying Conservatives and/or Christians), while on the other hand, they were going to allow states to establish "Civil Unions", which is "Gay Marriage" re-named. This double-minded approach is clearly evident in this interview.

Coming just days before the election, this "Good Morning America" shocker should deliver a body blow to all Christians who still truly believe that Bush is a genuinely saved individual; the only question is whether Christian voters who are planning to vote for Bush will hear of this clear, bold pro-gay position before they go to the polls, and if they do hear of it, will their minds be opened to the reality as to who President Bush really is. Since we have posted our table showing "President Bush's Evil Fruits vs Good Fruits", we have heard all sorts of excuses by Christians as to why these Evil Fruits do not reveal the true inner heart of this President, even though Jesus clearly stated that such fruits unmistakably reveal the true inner heart of the man (Matthew 7:16-20)

Then, later in the interview, President Bush dropped another huge bomb: he said he believes that Christians and Muslims pray to the same god!

NEWS BRIEF: "Bush On Religion And God: President Believes Muslims and Christians Pray To The Same God", ABC News, October 26, 2004

"Oct. 26, 2004 -- While the president often refers to God during public addresses to his supporters, Bush's religious convictions don't always seem to reflect those of the conservative Christians who make up his political base. In an exclusive interview with ABC News' Charles Gibson, Bush said he believes that both Christians and Muslims worship the same God. 'I think we do. We have different routes of getting to the Almighty', Bush said. 'But I want you to understand, I want your listeners to understand, I don't get to get decide who goes to heaven. The Almighty God decides who goes to heaven and I am on my personal walk', he said."

This last sentence is designed to trigger the false belief in undiscerning Christians that one cannot "judge" whether a person is right with God, thus hiding his damning earlier statement. This admonition to "Judge not that ye be not judged" (Matt 7:1) has been so twisted that Christians really believe they cannot know from a person's fruits as to whether that person is genuinely saved; however, the chapter headline on Matthew 7 in my KJV Bible says, "Christ, ending His sermon on the mount, reproves rash judgment". This is precisely correct! Jesus was warning against reaching a spiritual conclusion based upon little or no real evidence.

Proof this Biblical fact is Jesus' other admonition, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24) We are to judge righteously, based upon solid fact. Thus, Matthew 7:1 and John 7:24 go hand-in-hand with Matthew 7:16-20, where Jesus emphatically declares, "Ye SHALL know them by their fruits".

Therefore, this one TV interview is staggeringly important, as it reveals that President Bush cannot be a Christian if he is as deceitfully double-minded as to support gay civil unions and if he believes that Christians pray to the same god as the Muslims! We have warned about Bush's Ecumenism many times before, and it is certainly on display here.

Christian, are you listening with an open mind?

The next question is "why President Bush would say these things just days before the election, risking loss of his Christian support base"? The New York Times feels they have the answer.

NEWS BRIEF: "With the Christian Right In the Bag, Bush Now Says His Party Is Wrong to Oppose Gay Civil Unions", By ELISABETH BUMILLER, New York Times, reprinted by Raiders Newsupdates, October 27, 2004

"President Bush said in an interview this past weekend that he disagreed with the Republican Party platform opposing civil unions of same-sex couples and that the matter should be left up to the states. Mr. Bush has previously said that states should be permitted to allow same-sex unions ... But Mr. Bush has never before made a point of so publicly disagreeing with his party's official position on the issue.

"According to an ABC transcript, Mr. Gibson then noted to Mr. Bush that the Republican Party platform opposed civil unions. 'Well, I don't', Mr. Bush replied. Mr. Bush has sought to walk a careful line between pleasing conservatives who oppose same-sex marriage and not alienating more moderate voters who might see bigotry in his views. Mr. Bush's support for civil unions and his opposition to his party on the issue is in part an effort to reach out to swing voters, whom he needs to win on Nov. 2."

Fellow Christian, are you so "in the bag" of President Bush that you will go ahead and vote for him, even though he has clearly lowered his mask for all to see?

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Oh, just forgive his little imperfection on civil unions.

And while we are at it, let us forgive his little imperfection of homosexual appointments, including the first openly, publicly "gay" ambassador.

7. here now

here now Member

C4K-
    What do you suggest we do with homosexual people? Take away all of their jobs! See to it that they are homeless, hungry, scum beneath our feet? They are still human beings, people who do possess brains with which they can use.

Like it or not these people do exist and you can not just wish them into non-existance.

[ November 09, 2004, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: here now ]

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

It doesn't trouble you at all that two men are living together in a relationship at the US Embassy in Romania at US taxpayer expense?

9. here now

here now Member

Re-read my post. I was refering to jobs only.

Yes, to your question.

10. corinne

corinne New Member

What I find troubling is that they would both be republicans and gay, something which, by the sound of most posters on this board, is absolute evil.

Corinne

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

What I find troubling is that they would both be republicans and gay, something which, by the sound of most posters on this board, is absolute evil.</font>[/QUOTE]Either/or, and the combination of both.

:D ;)

12. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let me ask you, C4K .... is homosexuality worse than any other sin?? For example is it worse to put a homosexual in an office or a liar? Would it be WORSE for Bush to appoint someone who is not a christian or someone who is a homosexual? Because according to the Bible... not believing in Jesus is really the only thing so severe that your sin can't be forgiven. Is it George W. Bush's job to lead you spiritually, or is that the task of your pastor/priest? I think Bush can do his job and let his faith influence it... but it's not a President's responsibility to be a Christian pastor to the nation - especially when that nation comprises almost all religions. His civic duty has to include all religions (as do our daily lives include those who are not christian). Now he can, of course, perform his duty in a manner consistant with his principles and faith - and last time I checked the greatest commandment is to love your neighbor.

Beyond that, the president represents not only ALL the people of the united states (not just christians) to other countries. He also represents the republican party. He has responsibilities therein as well. For example, liberals often accuse republicans for being intolerant of homosexuals. It's not that we are intolerant of homosexuals, but rather homosexuality. Love the sinner, hate the sin. However, it is simply a fact that many republicans/christians fail to make that distinction. Bush has to try to lead his party and the country away from that sterotype.

What happens if that homosexual gets saved? Do we suddenly now accept that person because they are saved or because they get rid of sin? Where was our compassion and love when that person was still a sinner? Isn't that what Jesus did - while we were yet sinners he died for us?

We should NEVER accept homosexuality as OK - but we should ALWAYS accept homosexuals as people that we need to show love to. What homosexual will want to turn from their wicked ways when the group advocating they remain homosexuals shows them more love than the "christians" who tell them they need to change before they can join the club? It isn't until after they have become Christians that they will have the power to change anyway - so really what you are doing is bannishing people to life of bigotry and hatred. Clearly Bush has announced that he DOES NOT support homosexual marriage... that marriage should be between one man and one woman. I think his approach is perfectly scriptural - accept the persons who sin, but do not accept their sin. He has drawn the line exactly where it should be drawn in order to balance the Word, his faith, and the responsibilities he holds in his civic office. He is indeed rendering to God the things that are God's, and unto Ceaser (man) the things that are ceasar's.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I never referred tp refusing jobs to homosexuals, did I.

I am upset at the recognotion of civil unions and the Bush appointments - but then, we are just supposed to forgive these little imperfections.

14. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

C4K is very capable of answering, but I'd like to take a try at it myself, too.

The answer is "yes".

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Missed that, thanks Jim.

I agree - it is worse because its affect on society is worse. It destroys the very concept of the God ordained family.

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Whereas alcoholism does not. Whereas drug addiction does not. Whereas heterosexual affairs do not. Whereas bitterness and anger do not. Whereas gossip does not. Whereas violence and child abuse and incest do not.

Yeah.

17. here now

here now Member

C4K and PA Jim-

So let me see if I understand you.

Being a homosexual is worse than a father molesting his on 4 month old baby and giving it Gonerea, which lead to the infant's death.

Or what about the mother who has the abortion in which she is injected with a solution that literally BURNS her unborn baby to death. And then she gives birth and discards her burnt baby like TRASH.

This is just a few you know that the horror stories go on and on.

18. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

No. But it's worse than eating one too many cheeseburgers.

19. here now

here now Member

PA Jim,

I don't understand your comment we're asking if being homosexual is the worst sin . Eating a cheeseburger is not a sin. I would like a serious reply from you.

I know the question just got a little harder to answer, given what's on the board now. Right?

20. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Too bad Pa. Jim doesn't have the moral fiber to address my post, isn't it?