1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Business over the Bible?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Harold Garvey, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have a wrong concept of forgiveness. Certainly we may forgive Will and others for what they have done, if they seek for forgiveness. At this point as far as I know he hasn't asked.
    Secondly even though forgiven, sin has its consequences--always!
    That is a principle taught all throughout the Bible. Without the realization of that principle it is doubtful one can be saved. "The wages of sin is death." Sin has its consequences. Christ paid the penalty, that which you deserve, the consequence, of your sin.
    A man may fry his brain through taking drugs and alcohol and then become saved. God may forgive him for that life of sin. But the destruction done to his brain will still be there. He will live with the physical consequences that he inflicted on his body for the rest of his life, even though he is saved, even though he is forgiven. Sin has its consequences.
    One can be forgiven, but the consequences of that sin will still remain in place. When a person in jail gets saved, he doesn't get out of prison. The consequence of his remains. He stays in jail and serves his sentence even though he has been forgiven by God.
    I don't know what you are talking about. The Bible is our final authority. If the Bible is our guide we will obey the rules. Those who do not obey the rules do not obey God. That is what the Bible teaches. When you say "I agree," then why break a promise and by your actions and say "I don't agree"? The Bible teaches submit, not rebel. There are not rules "omitted." The webmaster (this is a private board), can add or delete whatever rules he likes. It is his board.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

No. I did not even think of him but about troublemakers in general. He did not challenge me at all. I find him to be a person who is continually changing the subject. He is very much like a man without a rudder. It appears that he is like anyone who is more interested in peddling his brand of truth rather than entering in honest debate and answering questions with honest reponses. His posts remind me of dialogs I have had with Mormons who have their answers memorized. Beyond the memorized answers they are helpless.
    As far as a double standard that seems to be quite the norm in many circles. How many times does a pastoral search committee or a church ever go into a community to check on a person wanting to be a deacon or pastor. The scam artists have always been around since man was created. Impostors will always try to look like the genuine.
    That has always been an issue. Weeds always mix with the crop and try to take over.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can I ask what the double standard that is being spoken of here? I don't see it. A Christian business absolutely deals in matters with Christian character and what it does, does not contradict the Bible. However, there are additional rules that must be in play since the Bible is not exhaustive on how to conduct business. So where is the conflict?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This thread has gone far enough.
    The rules are plain and simple.
    If you don't want to abide by the rules then leave and find another place to post. That is true for here, a church, a business, almost anywhere. If it wasn't the world would be chaos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.