1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

But Who Is Counting? (Just Me)

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by RipponRedeaux, Dec 27, 2021.

1. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is my 852nd post as RR. I registered on December 31, 2019. That's just a mere four days away from two years ago. My post count is less than 1.2 per day. Have I failed? I think there have been some posters who have done more than 852 in just one month. Presently two have posted less than 500 this month. But give them four more days and they might tally over 600 posts.

This is an end-of-the-year kind of thread, so have at it. I will allow any topic. You don't have to stick with the OP on this particular thread. But I won't be so generous in future threads when the topics are more serious in nature.

• Like Like x 1
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It just means you have a life outside BB.

I enjoy reading posts, but don’t comment often as I could. Most of the time, the arguments are familiar. Sometimes, the posts are so long, I just skim. I rarely follow a link, especially if it is video more than a couple of minutes long.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we allowed to post here after the New Years bell drops?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No faceybook. No twitr. Never had instagram nor tik tok.

BBS … this one a couple car nut BBSs and a professional BBS.

took me long enough to find yousse guyz … but you are blessed to know a Texan.

Reposted for effect:

Balance

The Archangel Michael had the heavenly host assembled to sing their choruses of praise to the Almighty.

But … God was not present. So Michael set off to locate Him and advise the host was ready to go …

not long after Michael started his search, well, he found God. “Sir, the heavenly host is assembled and ready when you are”

“Ah … Michael! come over here. I want to show you something”

“Oh, yes sir, what do you want me to see?”

“Michael, I’ve been creating.” “Creating? cool!”

“Yes, Michael, see for yourself the stars, planets, the sun … all in perfect order”

“I see! there is one unique planet there, God, what do you call THAT one?”

“Ah, Michael, that is planet Earth. And Earth, Michael … is ALL about balance”

“balance?”

“Yes, Michael, balance. For instance, see there in northern Europe, those people will have terrible weather, but will be quite wealthy. Conversely, the beaches in Southern Europe are pristine, but the people there will be almost paupers.”

“Hmm” mutters Michael as he continued to watch the little blue marble spin about.

“Wait” Michael exclaimed … “what is THAT section right there? with the piney woods, massive coastline, hill country, and plains from yesterday to tomorrow!?”

“Ah, Michael … you have taken notice of TEXAS”

“TEXAS??? wow, that’s a GREAT name”

“Yes, Michael, TEXAS is the land of milk and honey. Everything is bigger in TEXAS. You’ve noted the natural resources/features. TEXAS will be populated by a great people. Handsome, charming, intelligence, gracious, and generous. Folks all over the world will be blessed when they are visited by a Texan.”

“Hmm. OK … so the land is diverse, plentiful, rich … and the people are as well … but what about balance?”

with a wink in His eye, “Wait until you see the idiots I put in Austin to run the place.”

NOW you know the rest of the story!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I wasn't going to say anything. But since you brought it up... :Wink

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like a question for the admin, not from the admin. "This thread will be closed in ...." :Wink

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just recently I directed a new poster, to respond to newer post then older ones because usually the older posters are not here anymore... I don't count my post and fyi, the highest poster on here, hardly ever posts scripture... Kind of defeats a Baptist Board now doesn't it?... I have other pursuits beside the BB, I study scripture, a lot from an ancient historical standpoint, listen to sermons, read a book usually in the same genera, watch historical programs on tv and I don't believe as long as I have been on here, been one of the top 10 posters... I don't have to put in my two cents every time a question is asked only if I really want to say something... Most of the time I post scripture and let it say what I want to say, other than that I just watch... Discussions???... Same discussions with a different twist but it is usually Salvation by grace or Salvation by works, just pick what camp you want to be in... Or pitch your tent somewhere else... C/A or whatever???... Stay away from the political forums, not my cup of tea... Every now and then will start an OP, if I've a mind too but then again this old timer will just watch, to see once a person joins how long they will stick around... Now lets see canadyjd, joined in 2005, Salty in 2003 and me in 2001 and you in 2019... The way I see it, you got a lot of catching up to do... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 2
  9. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, so hurry it up, RR! :Wink

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    (This is for your eyes only, so no one else is to read this.) That's exactly what his post reminded me of. I could hear Curly without the clip. :Wink

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course.

Surely.

Of course Shirley.