1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Butterball Slaughter Policies

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by quantumfaith, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I avoid the process entirely. I eat processed chicken, you know, like the ones that make that wonderfully spongy, somewhat chicked-tasting slab of meat that is then covered with some type of breading that looks like it was glued on.

Since there is probably such a small amount of meat in it, except what was swept up off the slaughter-house floor, I doubt there was much suffering involved. Yum-yum!

Bon appétit!

Alright, just kidding, I love to eat chicken, but I prefer pieces of actual chicken. As long as the chicken was not subjected to unnecessary suffering or starved to death, I'm not really too concerned.

2. Romans7man

Romans7man New Member

It's not so much the way the bird or animal is killed as it is to whom it is offered to before it is killed.

I've seen the head wrung off and wrung a few off myself and the bird flops around until it runs out of gas. For those that have heard the saying, "run around like a chicken with it's head chopped off", well that is where it comes from.

By the way, it's not just turkeys that are being processed like this by Muslims. Try sheep. Not only that, but many Muslims pitch a fit when they have to work in a plant that processes pork in the same plant. Even when they have been told before they are hired swine are in the plant and will be processed there. They don't have a problem with it "until after" they are hired.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

My grandpa used to grab them around the neck and pop their heads off with a flick of the wrist. That's how they did it in the old days.

4. 12strings

12strings Active Member

If this meat was prepared by, offered to, an "idol" of islam... does this not directly relate to Pau's "meat sacrificed to idols" and therefore relegate it to each persons individual concience.?