1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Buzz builds for longshot Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 10, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Buzz builds for longshot Ron Paul

July 10, 2007

By Ralph Z. Hallow and Christina Bellantoni - Aides helping Texas Rep. Ron Paul with his longshot run for the Republican presidential nomination never thought they'd need more than the corner of a one-bedroom apartment.

They were wrong — and have outgrown their second headquarters, a 348-square foot office. Mr. Paul has more campaign cash available than former Republican front-runner Sen. John McCain of Arizona, Federal Election Commission records show, and the antiwar conservative has become an Internet sensation.

Though political pros say Mr. Paul's chances of moving into the White House are somewhere between slim and none, some expect him to have an impact on the 2008 Republican campaign.

"I watched the Republican presidential debates with neighbors, and two of the five people in the room said, ‘Who is that guy? I really like him,'" said Republican media consultant Tom Edmonds. "My gut tells me he's a sleeper and will indeed have an impact on the Republican race."

- rest at http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbc...70710/NATION/107100079/1001&template=printart

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Where does he rank in money raised? Having more money on hand than McCain is not surprising - he's a rather big spender.

I read on some blog that a lady was going to sell her house and give the money to Paul. I hope someone on his staff talks her out of it. I wouldn't want to see anyone do that for any candidate. But that's just me.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) The final reports are due on July 15.

2) She can only give to the campaign up to the limit which I think is $2,300.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I went back and re-read it. I don't think she was going to give the entire proceeds.

How do gifts-in-kind work in the primary season?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know. I don't contribute enough to take the time to be well-versed in campaign finance law. :)