1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

By the blood

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone in the long ago past posted that my view of justification by the blood of Christ was "mad." His view is that people who gained approval through faith under the Old Covenant, were fully justified by the "promised" blood of Christ. Their faith "looked forward" to Christ. This view is as mad as a mad hatter. In order for the Falselogy doctrine advocates to force their man-made doctrines into scripture they must resort to redefining words (i.e. draw always means compel rather than attract by lovingkindness.) They nullify scripture, Matthew 23:13 does not really say that men who were entering heaven were blocked. No that cannot be true because it demonstrates their mistaken doctrine is bogus. But the most egregious misuse of scripture is to ignore the given sequence, and claim the opposite sequence occurred. They put the cart before the horse again and again. How? By the use of time travel. Folks can be washed by the blood of Christ before Christ died. Mad and as ludicrous as this view is, they put it forth again and again, as if repeating an obvious falsehood somehow makes it less of a falsehood. I kid you not.

Abraham had as James would say, "live faith" rather than dead faith. From his faith flowed works, such as offering up Isaac. Live Faith refers for example to Abraham's deep seated conviction that God's promises were going to happen, they were true.

Now the bone of contention, is whether we should use the term "justified" when OT saints gain approval through "live faith." Or, the alternate view, should we reserve the term "justified" to only refer to those washed by the actual blood of Christ. This alternate view is the one I advocate. I believe where we see translations use the term justified for OT Saints, that the translation should read "acted righteously." Thus we do not use the term "justified" to mean two very different things, which creates confusion.

Galatians 3:11 Now, that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, “THE RIGHTEOUS ONE WILL LIVE BY FAITH.

The OT Saints gained approval by faith as determined by God crediting their faith as righteous faith, such as Abraham. But they had to wait in Abraham's bosom until after Christ died to be made perfect, able to enter the kingdom of heaven. Thus no one entered heaven until after Christ died, John 3:13.

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that was probably me. If it wasn't, it should have been.
    John 8:36. 'Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.' See also Hebrews 11:24-26.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note this verse does not suggest Abraham was justified by the promised blood of the Messiah.

When Abraham thought he would have to sacrifice his son, he rejoiced when he found the Lamb God provided.

As far as the "reproach of Christ" that means to suffer for the purpose of God, not that he time traveled.

#3 Van, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To suffer the reproach of Christ, Hebrews 11:26, was to suffer the ostracization later suffered by Christ, and Moses believed the rewards of God were greater riches than the rewards of Egypt's culture.