1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

By their fruits...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Rebel, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

The truth is shown by words straight from the offender's mouth:

"In the days of King Edward VI of England, Calvin wrote a letter to Lord Protector Somerset and urged him to put Anabaptists to death: “These altogether deserve to be well punished by the sword, seeing that they do conspire against God, who had set him in his royal seat”

"When Servetus mentioned that he would come to Geneva, "Espeville" (Calvin) wrote a letter to Farel on 13 February 1546 noting that if Servetus were to come, he would not assure him safe conduct: "for if he came, as far as my authority goes, I would not let him leave alive."

I know the Calvin idolaters wish these words were not on record, but they are, and they condemn Calvin, as well as his defenders.

Anyone who can idolize and defend such is a traitor to Baptists and Baptist principles. Had you lived in Calvin's time, you would have been his victims.

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again I am closing this thread. The purpose of this forum is to debate various theological positions. It is not to rehash various historical events or personages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.