1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bye

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jim62, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim62

jim62 New Member

Good bye all I've been here a week, and I've had enough!

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

What happened Brother?

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess that means Im not gettin any crab cake deliveries!

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, it's not for everybody. That's for sure. I'm still here because I'm just a glutton for punishment! :tongue3:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what happens when you run out all the scholars.....& your left with ....well me! :tonofbricks:

6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I must admit the forum does tend to make one very bold in what they say, I would bet most in here wouldn't say some of the stuff they do if it were face-to-face. Especially me. I think we all should take that in consideration.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This Thread Could Very Well Be Referred to....

....When Debating Crosses Over to Bullying....

I can't help but wonder if Jim is feeling the same pressure I often feel when just trying to make a point?

You are right SS, there are some on this board who would not say the things they say if they had to say them face-to-face; in front of their church pastor; on the other hand, in the presence of Jesus [which is something we do all the time, and somehow forget about].

I have been close to leaving many times, but decided I wouldn't let some, drive me from a place where I derive such personal enjoyment and fellowship.

Debating on this forum is underhanded and un-Christ like, and at times, I've been drawn into the games being played by some, for which I am embarrassed to admit. It's just that a man, or woman, can be pushed just so far, and if the mods won't step in and say, "Enough is enough!" then it is up to the individual to walk away, often humiliated for having a point of view, or to make a stand, and sometimes I fight back on the level of those using the guise of debating as their cover.

When I do this, those who bully me, accuse me of ranting and poke fun at my rage, but, it is all I have left when debating turns dirty and nasty!

I am sorry for losing Jim, because he had great points. It is a shame that a few can continue to run what amounts to a Christian clique. As a youth pastor, I saw cliques all too often, and they ususally served to keep the group small, and drive away new kids. This is not what Jesus intended fellowship to be, and it is a shame that some on this board see it AS THEIR board, and THEIRS to protect at all costs.

The Jims of this board will come, be disillusioned, and leave, and the sad thing is, the pattern is one I've witnessed over and over since coming on board in October 2007. :tear:

The answer to stopping this kind of high-handed debating and better-than-thou Christianity can only be brought to its knees when those who are maliciouslly attacked and treated, reprot the offending post to the moderators.

And the moderators need to add one more infraction to the list of offenses, and that is bullying...and then they need to take action when reported to them in order to stop the un-Christ like debating tactics.

And in case a certain person decides to make the usual comment about RD2 being offended and whining, let me say that I have not been offended, nor am I whining. I am simply making a stand that should be made by all of those who see the injustices being done [in the so-called name of debating] and put a stop to it.

Shalom!!! :type:

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Jim,
    I am sorry to see you depart. I hope my posts were not part of your decision.

9. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

Wish you'd hang around a little longer.

10. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

This is a legitimate question and I hope Jim will take time to enlighten us. I'm not so much interested in who said something, but what was said.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it possible for a moderator to send him an email - and tell Jim we want him back?

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Hope he will have a change of heart and stay. The bad thing is, if one has just been here one week and goes through something with a group of posters like in the depression threads, I can see where he would have enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.