1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CA same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Alcott, May 17, 2008.

?
  1. I personally don’t agree with it, but since a US state is not a theocracy, it was correct

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. This ruling is an assault on the biblical definition of marriage

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  3. I don’t care—marriage should be a sacred institution only; leave a state license out of it

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. This ruling respects religious freedom and individual freedoms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. This is an attempt to force biblically-minded people to accept homosexuality as normal

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  6. I think Californians will overturn this with a constitutional amendment

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  7. I do not think Californians will overturn this by any legal means

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  8. I think this will help the Democrats in the upcoming elections

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. I think this will help the Republicans in the upcoming elections

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  10. I have nothing to say about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are your thoughts about this week’s CA Supreme Court ruling, as well as MA previously, that same-sex couples are entitled to the same legal status of marriage as opposite sex couples? Since this topic is highly political, I place the poll in this forum.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

#2 NaasPreacher (C4K), May 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2008
  3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I thought threads on human sexuality in open forums were against the law here.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean this rule, MP?

"Please note that according to the Baptist Board User Agreement and/or BB Posting Rules no threads dealing with human sexuality will be allowed in an open public forum. If you feel the need to discuss any subject matter dealing with human sexuality the proper and only permissible place to do so is in either the BB Private Men's Forum or the BB Private Women's Forum depending on the gender of the person starting the thread."

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is actually not a sexuality thread; it's a thread about a legal matter. And I think one reason to oppose this is because it allows friends or roommates of the same gender who are heterosexual to marry each other just for convenience, to keep a death benefit check coming, to obtain permanent resident status, et al. [A couple would not have to prove anything about their relationship, as male/female couple also don't]

I am posting this response here because that question was asked here. And I thought both the poll and the thread was closed as soon as they were posted.