1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cabinet Positions, Staff

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are some of the Cabinet Positions/Other Positions that you predict, like, would like, dislike, and what do you believe the impact is?

Chief of Staff: I believe Reince Priebus was a balanced pick and don’t expect any credible complaints.

Chief Strategist: John Bolton – not sure what I think of him – other than first appearance suggests to me he has a bit of a hygiene problem…

Secretary of State: I have a feeling Jeff Sessions might settle in here…

Attorney General: I’ll throw out a wild thought here that just might be a real possibility - Ted Cruz. I think I could go with this, believe he could pack a punch when needed.

Defense Secretary: Love that Tom Cotton breaks with the likes of John McCain. I would think L-General Michael Flynn might be in the running, but if not there it seems pretty obvious he’ll have a major role in our defense such as National Security Advisor – I would expect Flynn’s wish will be granted.

Department of Education: I would love to see Ben Carson do this, but understand he’s not interested in being tied down to one area. We need someone who deals with the teaching in our schools against the constitution and the liberalism takeover in our colleges.

Department of Homeland Security: Someone who is no non-sense, tough, thorough and determined to get the job done.

Environmental Protection Agency: Someone who openly rejects radical climate control legislation and articulately calls it out for what it is.

Press Secretary: I think we need someone to tell it like it is. Laura Ingrahm would be fun, another I’d think would be a blast is Judge Jeanine Pirro ;)

Speaker of the House: I believe if I looked up “brownnoser” in the dictionary I might see a picture of Paul Ryan’s two faces.

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd like to see Dr. Carson take the Surgeon General post. He'd be a worthy successor to C. Everett Koop.

3. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ben Carson has said he's been offered this position before - before he made the breakfast speech, but feels he has bigger fish to fry.. I'd like to see someone in this position seriously deal with the rising obesity problems - ah, wouldn't that open a can of worms!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still would like to see Ted Cruz as Supreme Court Justice

• Like Like x 2
  5. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Could never happen. And how well do we really know Cruz? He's very young and has been mixed up with some very bad religious groups (Word of Faith, etc.). Would be a nightmare trying to get him confirmed.

6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mitt Romney? - Now that would be pretty gracious...

7. Calminian

Site Supporter

Wow!

8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Calminian

Site Supporter

I like Falwell. Liberty is one of the few Christian Universities teaches Biblical Creationism.

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    David Clarke for DHS.

• Like Like x 1
  11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, because we all know we want education policy to emanate from Washington DC. Plus, there's all those National and Federal Universities that need to be regulated/reformed that are the purview of Washington.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does Word of Faith have to do with it?? Besides the Constitution does mention no religious test..

And being young - ( will be 46 next month) could be a conservative voice on the court for a good 4+ decades.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Started a new thread on this:

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Director of the Central Intelligence Agency: Mike Pompeo

Well, …definitely not a liberal!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pompeo

As far as his views and the CIA appointment goes:

· In February 2016, Pompeo said Snowden "should be brought back from Russia and given due process, and I think the proper outcome would be that he would be given a death sentence. - (Talk about telling us what you really feel!)

· " Pompeo has advocated for rolling back post-Snowden surveillance reforms, saying "Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of all metadata, and combining it with publicly available financial and lifestyle information into a comprehensive, searchable database." - (It's all about balance and necessity, but such power might need to be kept in check.)

· "In a 2013 speech on the House floor, Pompeo said Muslim leaders who fail to denounce acts of terrorism done in the name of Islam are "potentially complicit" in the attacks." -(I can buy that)

· "Pompeo opposes closing Guantánamo Bay detention camp. After a 2013 visit to the prison, Pompeo said, of the prisoners who were on hunger strike, "It looked to me like a lot of them had put on weight." "- (Sarcasm or hardness?)

I’m okay with a little attitude of no-non-sense when it comes to dealing with Radical Islamists but this guy seems to demonstrate enough authoritarianism that I kind of hope he’s keep in check – being the CIA’s potential.

One thing that caught my attention is his position on GMO:

· GMOs

· "Pompeo opposes requiring food suppliers to label food made with Genetically modified organisms as GMO, and to that end in April 2014 introduced the "Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act" to block states from requiring mandatory GMO food labeling."

Uhh, IMO consumers should have the right to know if that's their choice to know, it is not the government’s call to block that info. This attitude concerns me, if Pompeo doesn’t care what he stuffs in his mouth that’s his prerogative but I take offense to the attitude that decision should be made for me. Hopefully this isn’t a preview of an overall overzealous attitude of Big Brother telling us: “Don’t worry, I know what’s best for you.”

16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Attorney General: Jeff Sessions - no objection to him having an agenda of nipping the promotion of having a country full of "potheads" (yes, I recognize this not a "politically correct" term) in the bud...

17. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mike Huckabee as ambassador to Israel? Fine. Jeff Sessions as AG? Fine. Pompeo to head the CIA? Fine. Michael Flynn as his national security adviser? Fine.

But Jerry Falwell Jr in education? Doesn't seem like a good fit, neither does letting Chris Christie take over Michelle's "let's move" campaign. Only the best people, of course.

You got that right - Cruz would rock SCOTUS.

• Like Like x 1
  18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with 777. I don't have a problem with any of Trump's cabinet picks so far. I definitely don't see a role for the Education department at all, therefore Jerry Falwell Jr.'s suggestion that he would be good at it is stupid.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

19. Calminian

Site Supporter

Well, if there's going to be an appointment for that position, he'd be my first choice. He had the wisdom to see Trump's viability early on.

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, so did you. Does recognizing Trump's viability mean someone is qualified to run a cabinet department?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo