1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cable TV

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Sep 7, 2010.

1. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

This is good. We need to do away with the parsonage altogether. What happens when the pastor retires? Yeah - no more parsonage. It is absolutely ridiculous to pay for a parsonage instead of giving a housing allowance instead, so that these folks and their families have a stake in the ground for their retirement.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If the funds are available it would seem that you have some very spiritually lacking leaders with the type of response. If the funds are not available then they should have simply relayed that then asked the congregation if more cooling was what they desired and if so pass the plate.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I cannot tell you how many times I have had to listened to some person hammering on how Preachers get out of paying taxes through loop holes. I wish our tax system would be abolished and we all just pay a flat tax. No deductibles at all.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think churches keep a parsonage because it's cheaper just to buy one, then keep it forever and ever instead of giving a higher salary. In our case, the parsonage is over 100 years old and was paid off a long time ago. The church probably views it as an investment.