1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured cal and non-cal agreement

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Herald

Herald New Member

The reason they would agree with much of the content in the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession of Faith is because most of those things are not in dispute. It is God's will of decree, election, and probably the Sabbath (Lord's Day) that are the lightening rod chapters.

2. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey folks, are we having fun yet!? The study and debate of God's Word can be fun if done correctly... :)
    :jesus:

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that there can be found common agrements of a sort between calvinists and classical arminians, its just that when we try to include in "non cals", that gets much harder!

4. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Sorry, but what do you mean?

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In that thread of mine from the past it was determined that chapter 5 dealing with providence would meet no objection from non-Cals. Chapter 6 Of The Fall Of Man, Of Sin, And The Punishment Thereof would pass muster. Chapter 9 Of Free Will non-Cals would not put up a fuss. Chapter 28 regarding Baptism; three out of the seven heads would be acceptable to them. Chapter 29 dealing with the Lord's Supper --all eight propositions would meet with agreement by non-Cals.