1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

California Voters: Vote Nov 08th

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Johnv, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I voted for the recall of Gov Davis, and voted for Schwarzenegger for governor. I also signed the petition for the special election. I was in favor of 6 of the 8 propositions on the ballot (including the 4 that the governor endorced). I have also been critical on some of the Governor's actions from time to time. But I completely support his fiscal reform objectives.

I don't dispute the LA Times' journalism awards. I used to subscribe to them, but switched to the OC Register a few years ago. You're wrong about both articles being legit. The first article is a news article. The second is an opinion piece, a commentary, and not a news item or press story.
    There you go again with the condescending and disrespectful comments. I thought you turned over a leaf. I was obviously wrong.

Why would I need to like to, or rebut, a commentary? It's commentary. It's opinion. You clearly do not know the differrence between a news story as commentary. Commentary and op-ed (opinion/editorials) pieces are not news. I'm amused at how many people on this baord will link to an op-ed piece and then say "look at this news article". Sheer ignorance.