1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Caliofornia: Prop 8 Supporters Say They’re Being Harassed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Jan 12, 2009.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=41735

Prop 8 Supporters Say They’re Being Harassed; Challenge Campaign Finance Rules
    Friday, January 09, 2009
    By Susan Jones, Senior Editor

(CNSNews.com) – Citizens who supported California’s Proposition 8 say they are being systematically harassed because of disclosures required by California campaign finance laws.

A marriage protection group is now challenging the constitutionality of California campaign finance laws that compelled Prop 8 donors to submit personal information.

Prop 8, a voter initiative that passed in November, amended the California Constitution to say, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.”

Furious homosexual activists responded with heated demonstrations, some aimed at the Mormon Church. And according to the group that spearheaded Prop 8, some of the ballot measure’s supporters have received threats and insults from Prop 8 opponents.

"There has been a systematic attempt to intimidate, threaten and harass donors to the Proposition 8 campaign," said Ron Prentice, Chairman of ProtectMarriage.com.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unconstitutional discrimination.

Mob rule, which should be met with prosecutions..

Christianity is becoming a hard road to travel.. good.... hopefully we'll be strengthened.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I am amazed that professing Christians are amazed at this. The Word of God is very clear about these type things. The homosexuals are "of the world".

"They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them" -1Jn 4:4

What does that mean?

"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you." -Jn 15:18-19

There are many other verses that make these same points. We should not be surprised that sinners who have been given over to sin get angry when righteousness is proclaimed. Don't be surprised.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Sore losers....

I don't know about the people in CA but when you try to force me to do something I tend to do just the opposite just because... The people voted, said they didn't want g@y marriage so I thought that was supposed to be law and the end of debate.