1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvary Chapel it is

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I think that if you guys were in my shoes living where I am at, you also would be attending this church. This one is not exactly charismatic. I am aware of 2 Fundy churches within a hour drive and both are KJVO. One of them the pastor lacks love and compassion for others, and has no board, elders nor accountability. He does what he wants, says what he wants, period.

In another church the pastor is racist (so I heard a story I will not repeat here from former attendees).

This Calvary Chapel the pastor is healthy (not racist) and has accountability. So for the moment I will attend here, until I go to BJU and find a good fundamentalist church. In my area few churches teach the bible verse by verse, and this Calvary Chapel does.

Those of you that have judged me for attending here honestly cant speak.

First Baptist of Los Altos claims to be Conservative Baptist, yet have some veyr liberal views. For one they believe that women can teach adult sunday school with men present, and are leaning more towards the Emerging Church in some of their services.

If there was a healthy fundy KJVO church withina hour drive, perhaps I would go there, but there is not.

John

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Very liberal"?? What about those denominations which have no problem ordaining homosexuals?

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I must be missing something. Who has judged you for attending the Calvary Chapel. And why can't they speak? Just curious.

4. Bible John

Bible John New Member

FBCLA (www.fbcla.org) is a Liberal church. No the are not "very" liberal.

John

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We don't need two threads on Bible John's search for a church. Please refer to the thread entitled "Fidning a Church".