1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinism Fact Sheet #3, by Joel Barnes: Limited Atonement ( Jesus Actually Saves)

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Alan Gross, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice also that in Jn 11:50 that Christ dying equates to people not dying, [That the whole nation die not] this surely intimates that His death saves from death, meaning dying in ones sins. His death will prevent everyone in that nation from dying in their sins, which of course is the remnant according to the election of grace.

2. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it reads Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

This is a solid declaration that those who Christ is lifted up in behalf of, as a consequence they will be made believers and converted to Him ! Its a declaration of His Saving Death !

3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old test scripture testifying to the saving death of Christ, His Blood for them He died for, or shed it for. Christs blood shed was in regard to a covenant death Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Now lets look at OT Zech 9:11

As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

That this is speaking also about Christ we appeal to Vs 9

9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Which corresponds to Christ here Jn 12:12-15

12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,

15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.

Christs Covenant Blood brings Salvation with remission of sins !

4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christs Death alone saved and redeemed them He died for, hear the testimony of the elders who sit around the Throne Rev 5:9

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;