1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism is Catholicism if I'm wrong prove it

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by romanbear, Feb 18, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you study much history, romanbear? :rolleyes: John Calvin was 8 years old at the time that Martin Luther posted his 95 Theses.

[ February 26, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Ken H ]

2. romanbear

romanbear New Member

Hi Ken H;
    If Calvin was 8 years old then your right he was a catholic [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Sure am Glad I have someone as knowledgeable as you to explain everything
    Romanbear

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Let's keep our remarks centered on theology, not on people, whether alive now or not.

[ February 27, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

4. romanbear

romanbear New Member

I provided my references. Yours how ever were writen by a man who won't tell me where he got his information.His informatiomn is speculation at best
    So much for your proof
    Romanbear

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. romanbear

romanbear New Member

Ken;
    What does Calvin have to do with Arminianus's death?

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I looked up your reference. It says Arminius was out of town when the Spaniards destroyed his home village in Holland, indiscriminately (and it uses that exact word -- indiscriminately -- nobody was singled out to be martyred) killing all of the inhabitants of the town, including his mother, brother and sister. It was NOT his wife and children who were killed.

That was from YOUR source.

Arminius himself died of an illness. Your source simply said he was ill with vomiting. Other sources list consumption and tuberculosis.

I assume you trust your OWN source.

8. romanbear

romanbear New Member

npertreley;
    Well don't get mad at me for you bad information. The whole town was murdered for there beliefs. If that isn't dieing for there beliefs I don't know what is. His wife and children were not spared.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Romanbear

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Huh? MY bad information? This is from THE WORKS OF JAMES ARMINIUS VOL. 1, by James Arminius, A SKETCH OF THE LIFE OF JAMES ARMINIUS

Do you see "indiscriminate slaugher" there? Do you see "capture of the town" there? I do. Do you see the year? I do.

But do you see the words "wife and children" anywhere in that text? I don't. Do you see "Jesuits" anywhere in that text? I don't. Do you see "murdered for their beliefs" anywhere in that text? I don't. Do you see "martyred" anywhere in that text? I don't.

Do you see the year he was married? I do. Can you tell which is earlier and which is later? I can.

Can you read? I can.