1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism... THE SEQUEL!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tragic_pizza, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I don't have it all figured out, but on this, I clearly know more than you do, both about my position and the alternative.

Where? You keep saying I have misrepresented people, but you have yet to show me where. Why not show me where I have misrepresented people?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

As always...your opinion.
    I don't have the time to go back through your 16k posts. You have misrepresented me, my position, my knowledge and understanding and that is all that matters.

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

webdog sez it, so it gots to be so!

:laugh:

Prove or retract, webdog.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

And yet time after time, it has been demonstrated to be true.

If I have mispresented you, it should be easy to find. Is it really asking to much of you to back up this claim?

Personally, I don't think you can back it up. I think you know that if you list something it will demonstrated that I was right. So it's a lot safer for you to sit there behind the security of your screen and make accusations that you don't have to back up.

Believe, I have been very careful about what I have said for this precise reason. I hate it when people misrepresent someone else, like saying Calvinists believe you are saved before you have faith, or that faith isn't necessary for salvation in Calvinism. Rest assured that I would not misrepresent someone else.

So if I have, then show it. If you are not going to show it, then quit saying it.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Webdog, you're typical Arminian. You think you're bright; you think you know much. But you only reveal the opposite. It's folly to be wise where shutting one's trap is wise. You call giants like MANY Calvinists ignorant, man it's obvious you have never read one paragraph from someone like John Owen.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and it's pretty obvious that you are as ignorant as they come, as I am not an arminian. You don't know one thing about me, so please do not insinuate I should "shut my trap". I can care less what GIANTS you hold up as being inerrant. Please take your own advice, or make a constructive post, or go troll on another thread.

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Prove or retract, webdog.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

On the contrary, if Pastor Larry says it, it has to be true :rolleyes:

Prove what or retract, what? I have yet see you support any of your opinions from Scripture, but follow around on others' coat tails.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The hundreds of years the debate has gone on, and you have been the one to prove it :laugh: Whatever...
    Claiming I have no idea what I am talking about is misrepresentation. There is nothing to prove off this false statment, as it is only your opionion, and false.

10. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

You made accusations about Larry. Support your accusations.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

His position that I don't know what I am talking about is opinion, and doesn't need to be supported. His accusation about me not knowing about calvinism or arminianism is his opinion, but wrong, and is not justifiable nor does it need a responce.

12. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yet you did respond, at length, heatedly. You made accusations which should be supported or retracted.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm tired of being told by Pastor Larry I'm basically stupid and have no business talking Scripture with someone so esteemed and learned as himself. There is a way to talk to someone, and this kind of behavior is very unbecoming of a christian, let alone a pastor.

Are you the new moderator of this forum, TP?

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Nope, I've had my discussions with Larry as well.

I did not, however, make baseless accusations against his character.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Neither did I.

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Here's what you said:

Prove it, or it's baseless, and should be retracted.

17. Blammo

Blammo New Member

What's the hassle, man? If Webdog is predestined to prove it, he has a pretend choice to do so. No matter how hard you press him, he ain't gonna give you proof, unless it is decreed.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here you go TP. He even admited that he does not frequent the CvA discussions much anymore...but he know what I do and do not know? Whatever...

Originally Posted by Pastor Larry
    Whatever Webdog might understand, even a brief search in the Baptist threads, or in the old CvA forum will demonstrate without objection that Calvinism is not among them. It is hard to remember a person on this board (and I have been here a long time) who has argued so vehemently against Calvinism with such a gross misunderstanding of it.

The worst part is that he doesn't even get it yet. He still thinks he knows it.

I am not a moderator in this forum. But having interacted with Webdog quite a bit, I just wanted to point out how easy it is to determine that Webdog is very uninformed about what it is he is vehemently against.

19. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Ummm... what?

20. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Just trying to help, TP. :thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.