1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinistic Application Part 2

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Thinkingstuff, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Me4Him,

Lets be clear about our lines of debate here.

Let me ask as clear as I can. You said God is not willing for ANY to perish...which of course is in the Bible.
    The story of Cain is in the Bible....He perished....died in sin.

Now if this statement is saying as you claim that Gods intent is to save all of mankind and God knew Cain would not believe, why did God not save the whole world before Cain?

Could God have done this? YES
    Would this saved the whole world? YES

But God did not. Not only that but Cain was but the 1st sinner to reject God.....how many more have rejected God.

Each day that Christ does not come back the numbers grow. The longer He waits...the more go to Hell.

Can God stop this? Does he have such a intent as you say...or is there a better meaning of the text?

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Why do you keep telling me what I already know?

This is not a answer. Let me be clear. You posted many verses trying to prove a point about God telling man to seek God. I posted one that said man does not seek God.

I asked are both true.

Does God ask man to seek him and does man not seek God????

Yes...
    I have address this many times. You have in your head what Calvinism is..and you reject my words.

I have asked you more than once about other grace. lets try again.

I have 3 kids. It is Gods grace that I have those kids. Does this grace include saving grace? Do non-believers have kids too? Yes...of course.

So....let me ask again...and please don't dodge.

Is all grace saving grace??

Yet when all readers read this thread all can see you are the one that post your points, (seeking) and reject all other post saying...(I don't want to go there).

There is no twisting...You sit there with your ears covered saying..I don't want to hear your reply.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, God’s atoning grace is a true offer to every man (and woman) that comes into this world. Went all over that, not sure how you missed it, maybe go back and try to read my posts again while searching for the key words “light” “judgment” “conviction” “truth” “every person” “whole world”...

When you put your kids in bed at night do you tell them “God may have given you some of what we Calvies call common grace with no hope of salvation but just maybe He specially selected you out to receive some of that Calvie special grace that He holds back for those like Daddy whom He specially preprogrammed. Sorry, but that’s just how God is, He designed some people with no hope, good night and good luck”?

James, I’m afraid the Calvinist’, so called, “doctrines of grace” view a much smaller perspective of God’s loving grace concerning the atonement than mine when they start splitting “this” apart to fit their prideful systematic theology with some sort of two-fold/double-minded divine nature of God’s grace. I‘m not going to keep repeating myself while going in circles, we’ll have to agree to disagree. I prefer to save the intensity for a one on one with those poor souls who are seeking God and have only heard the doctrines of exclusive grace.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Your reply to my post was quite immature. Instead of responding with specifics you go juvenile. If you really think that I do not believe the Bible on particular issues why take such an infantile approach?Grow up Benny.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you think God's grace amounts to a mere offer?

If God's grace is intended for each and every person who has and shall live, then none will experience everlasting condemnation. However, the Bible's statements upon the subject are at variance with yours. The Lord's grace is set upon His elect only. Only His elect are given His grace. Grace is not granted to each and every person -- head-for-head. You do agree that ultimately the elect alone will be in glory with the Lord --- do you not?

6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Ben..it is real easy. Why do you keep dodging???

Lets do a yes and no.

God gave me a new car. That is by the grace of God.
    Will this grace of getting a car save me?

YES

NO

???

Those days are long past gone ben. But I understand your point..lets go on..

They know this...yes. They seem to understand it. yes

I never told them this, for no Calvinist would say it. You again have a poor understanding of Calvinism even with you saying that you were once close to it. No wonder you fight it...you don't understand it.

We preach hope. Christ came to save sinners. That is hope. God hates sin. We don't tell everone that God loves them, making them think God is just cool with their sin. That is a lie. God hates sin and they need to repent and come to God. And people sin.

Yes..I told them something like that. They will only know if God calls them. The way most are called are through the hearing, reading of Gods Word. I tell them to read...read...read.

Again...poor understanding of Calvinism. How many times have you been told and still you see it as programmed. preprogrammed at that...which is kinda silly if you think about it. All programming is pre...is it not?

I have been telling you for years that you don't understand...now it is clear. Now please take my word for it....for the 1st time.....THAT IS NOT CALVINISM.

Why not ask if you don't understand???

No such think as luck...so I would never say that.

NO KIDDING!!!!

soory I had to do that one.. Great timing. Thanks

:sleep:Notice no answer?

7. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

God has a "Schedule" for the planet and at the "Appointed time" it will come to an end.

They say, half of all the people whoever lived are alive today, and prior to the end a "falling away" from God will occur, which we see.

Man (Adam) was given stewardship over the planet, man is free to make the planet a living heaven or a living hell,

Much like the "Vineyard" leased out to husbandman which killed the owner "SON" to keep everything for themselves.

At the "appointed time" man will be judged for his stewardship, did he let "Thorns/weeds" (Sin) grow or did he "dress and keep" the planet as God instructed.

Man and his decisions are Judged, not God decisions, if man wants to believe, that's man's perogative, the reward is the Grace of Salvation,

If man choses not to believe, then he is left in sin, this isn't "God's will", but then God's will isn't making the decision, either way,

If there had been any other way God could have accomplished his will of none perishing, we wouldn't have the plan of salvation we have today,

God has his reasons for giving man the ability to chose between salvation/condemnation, and it's a reason that takes precedence over his will none perish.

Does that explain why things are the way they are, today???

8. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Why do you keep passing over what I ask?????????????

This is but rude by you. Show some love man. :godisgood:

You have posted time and time again, maybe 100 times that ONE verse for over a month now. Each time you bold "MIGHT BE".

I have asked you this 3-4 times now..
    It was your best line....and now that someone calls you on it, you have nothing to say???? What's with that?
    Now this last post.
    Maybe you didn't understand what I asked. Let me reread it and take it one step at a time.

You say Gods intent was or is to save all of mankind.

There would be roughly 100 deaths each minute worldwide. How many of those deaths are believers? I mean..I'm sure you don't know a real number, so just give a guess.

Would you say 80%?

9. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"The story of Cain is in the Bible....He perished....died in sin. " Do we know that he died without repentance? Reason I ask is God still dealt with Cain after the murder of his brother. The Lord even put a mark on him for a warning to other no to kill Cain. Just a thought:type:

10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

hello Jedi,

Thanks for at least responding to what was asked. You ask if I know? Yes..Pretty sure of it. But before I go there, allow me to show that the point still remains.

Why? Well if not Cain, than Joe, or Tom, or Sue. You see unless you are a Universalist, at some point in Time someone goes to Hell. And many more follow to this day. Maybe you would offer a guess to how many go to Hell each day. Out of the roughly 140,000 people that die each day, do you feel maybe 10% go to Hell? If so, that means around 14000 got to Hell each day. This year going, by that number you would have almost 5 million people going to Hell. Next year, another 5 million people. Each day...more people....till the day God stops it.

Now why is Christ waiting? I say its not about those going to Hell. Its all about the last elect believing. Each that happens, its done.

As to Cain...

Cain is in the hall of shame.

Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Now he is in the Hall of Faith as well....but not in a good way.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

But to seal let home...lets look at

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Wicked one here is the Devil. Cain belonged to The Devil. Read the full passage in 1 John 3 and you will see what I mean.

Thanks again....

James

11. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Howdy Jarthur, I agree ......if I was a betting man I would agree Cain died in his sins. Scripture many times shows him in the dark compared to others. I also agree there is alot of people dying in there sins"vastly"more than the redeemed. But God is going to fill up his house where Lucifer and his followers once enjoyed.:type:

#71 Jedi Knight, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  12. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

I guess you missed the point, that man having the "free will" to chose between God or the world takes precedence "OVER" GOD'S WILL that none perish.

When you say God "predestine", by "his will", for some to perish, after God said not any perish by his will/predestine, you make God out to be lying.

If God/Jesus did all that was necessary to saved the whole world, then why do people perish, God's will, or "man's will"???

God doesn't want "robots", in heaven or on this planet, the only way to separate the good from the bad is to give man a choice,

those who believe/agree with God, will live with God, those who don't, won't.

Man having "free will" is a perquisite, not only for this world but also heaven, no robots in heaven, only those who believed/agreed with God.

13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

James, do you NOT see the first very first word in my quote that you posted and explanation in my answer?!?

You are doing nothing more with your (this type) question than trying to elaborate a two-fold/double-minded grace of God, while ignoring the subject of the Divine nature of the atoning grace that God gave to very man. You are trying to, and solely relying on, injecting a fallacy into the argument by using a loaded question, example: “Are you still beating your wife?” “No”, leads to the presumption that I once did, and Yes, is an affirmation that I am beating my wife. Problem is, I don’t beat my wife at all so the question is not getting at the truth of the matter, it has exactly the same type motive as your question; no way to get to the truth of the subject. It is in the least a logical fallacy and leans toward a desperate and dishonest way of debate at worst.

To make it clear, I do not believe God has one type of grace in general for all people and another special type of grace for His special selected people when it comes to atoning grace being common to all man (that is the subject) and that is what I have been focus on and elaborating on.

I have been spelling this out to you but you have your blinders on to everything I have said while you only focus on your fallacy while accusing me of dodging the your silly question.

One last time, here it is another example with a similar MO:

Calvinist and non-Calvinist are generally in fundamental agreement on depravity in that it would be impossible for man to obey the command to repent and believe if it were not for God’s grace. James, when I said we would be in agreement that man can not come to God unless called, that clearly addressed your question of man not seeking God. I’m not sure why you are having so much problem making the connection that I answered your question. I even quoted Jesus words in John 12:32 “And I, if I be lifted up from the Earth, will draw all men unto me”.

It should be clear from my posts that I believe every man has the light he needs to seek God and will be held accountable for not seeking the truth, and this, while being judged in truth. Again, that should answer your question.

I have also been very fixed and upfront on presenting the differences in our views of God’s grace and in describing my view in particular (Post 46). You have ignored, overlooked or simply disregarded my effort while you offered very little information or even a rebuttal of my perception of your view. At this point I don’t know what to think about you (I would like to think you are just not reading and analyzing very carefully rather than purposely trying to form a smokescreen with some sort of game.) but either way, if you can not grasp that I have been addressing the subject of common grace and done so in detail, then the communication is left nonproductive, which leaves me no reason to continue in this type debate.

When simply replying that I have been dodging your questions is… well, as mildly as I can put it, getting this debate nowhere and makes it a waste of time from my point of view concerning rational and logical debate.

I do apologize as I do now see I should have at least “tried” to spell the problem out for you rather than just becoming more aggressive.

I’ll bow out now as things are too far away from the subject and getting too personal; maybe next time.

Peace Bro

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Well...I knew it all the time that this is the end logic of Arminian doctrine, but in all my years this is time I have seen someone admit it.

In the context that you used it...Mans Free-will is superior than Gods will.

I never thought I would see the day....but there it is...FREE-WILLISM 101

Man has more power than God.

Romans nine...
    Again...very very poor understanding of Calvinism. You need to write this down so you will not forget it.

No one is claiming to be robots but people that have not a clue what they are talking about. Its like if you can't get the Calvinist with scripture, you can always try to get them to believe they are robots. That is but a child's game that you like to play.

We are not forced into salvation, but rather we gladly run into the arms of God once the bind-less of sin is gone. It is mans choice at that point, for God has chosen the sinner and gave him a new birth to understand that which he was unable before. He wants to be saved, where before he rejected God.

Now you are free to call us robots if you want, but know this, you only show your lack of understanding when you do.

However, it should be each and every believers desire to be "controlled" by the Spirit that which you want to deny even in Heaven.

That is sad

#74 Jarthur001, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  15. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

before you go ben....

Again let me ask you.

How does getting a car lead to salvation?

16. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Man's "unbelief" trumps God's will none perish, because men do perish, in spite of God's will.

Yes, I've had that verse quoted many times, God condemns people to hell even though it's against his will,

So do you suppose God predestine these people to hell/wrath, even though it's against his will???

When God predestine, you're "pre programmed", there are no "MIGHT BE" saved where "Sovereign will" is "Controlling".

"Faith" is not a "gift of God", it's a "personal choice" (free will) Abraham had to have Faith before righteousness was imputed to him,

It's because "we believe", by Faith, not "knowledge", that righteousness is imputed to us, then we get the knowledge.

The Free gift of Jesus is to "ALL MEN", if Faith was a gift given by God, then God would be "obligated" to give his gift to as many as Jesus gift was given, else you'd have God/Jesus at odds with each other.

Calvin failed to understand that God himself will not do anything to stand in the way of Jesus's death for the sins of the world that the whole world might be saved.

A person's "unbelief" is the only thing standing in the way of them being saved, not God, not predestination.

There's a lot I don't know, but I learn a little something every day,

But there's one thing I know for sure, Jesus's mission/death to saved the whole world and God predestine some to hell, destroys any "one mind, one accord" between Jesus and God.

17. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

This appears to me to be heretical. If man's will is superior to that of God then there is no God.

18. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions of your intentions. :cool:

19. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

There we have it again folks. This is not Arminian...but pure free-willism. Mans will trumps Gods will. That is truly sad. I want to know if other Arminians will agree with this line.

Again...God is forced to do something against his will. God has no control at all, if man trumps him.

Predestined is never used of the unbeliever. I'm sure you have been told this before. But had God, It is God that would have done it all. I have a God that is in full control and power at all times and needs not answer to man.

1st..You need not use "pre" and " Programmed" together. All programming is "pre".
    2nd...No one is programmed (robots)...but we have been over that before. Do you need a pen to write this down?
    3rd You misuse the word Might all the time.

Let me show you what I mean.

Romans 4:16
    Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Might = Able

You know faith and believe is the same basic meaning. maybe you don't know this verse..

Romans 8 again speaks of Gods love.

WHO will separate us for Gods love? WHO????

Paul says no one.

We have faith by faith? :)

What does Calvin have to do with this? We are talking the Bible. And BTW..your wrong.

Well...I agree with that.

good

20. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

see ya next time...

peace ben