1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinistic Application Part 2

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Thinkingstuff, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

A good book on the subject..

Calvinism, Hyper-Calvinism and Arminianism ByTalbot and Crampton.

If you study it, Arminianism and Hyper-C is about the same thing in the end. The only thing that differs is that one thinks it is up to them to win the lost, and other feels it is wrong to witness.

2. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Adam's sin condemned all "FLESH", but Adam sin did not condemn any soul other than his own soul.

We're born in a "body of flesh" condemned from Birth, but the soul is not condemned with the "body/flesh".

The soul does not share in the condemnation/depravity of the flesh.

A soul must commit it's own sin before it is condemned, and it must be committed within the "parameters" of scripture that constitude sin.

What are those "parameter".

Knowledge of good/evil, (the law)

Where there is no law (knowledge) sin is not imputed.

Ro 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

God told Adam/Eve, don't eat, (law) they did, sin was imputed.

Sin is the (Deliberate) transgression of the law,

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

But here's the point I want to make, the depravity of the flesh won't allow it to chose Good, flesh seek only to satisfy flesh, being at enmity with God.

However the "soul" (Spirit) is not encumbered with the depravity of the flesh, it can chose either Good/Evil.

Being saved is a "Spirit" (God's spirit) to "Spirit" (soul) calling, the "flesh" is not involved.

The soul is free from the depravity of the flesh to chose either the "good" (God) or "Evil", (Flesh).

To be saved, we have to be willing to "crucify the body of sin", obviously, the flesh won't agree to that if it had any choice in the matter.

Jesus offered a "Born again Birthright" to the whole world, but people trade this "Birthright" for a "morsel of meat", the "FLESH".

Mr 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

#102 Me4Him, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009