1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinists Please Explain Something for Me...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, May 28, 2013.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yup. Exactly. This guy loves to broad brush, sow discord, and take assumption and opportunity when Calvinists make a statement that they are 'arrogant'. Nothing short of slander and practice of hatred toward brothers. His intent is malicious and to be antagonistic. Something is amiss apparently in his walk as this is his typical MO. He doesn't realize his own problems and how he comes across himself. Seems to be quite an angry man.

Nailed. Several on here resemble that false teaching.

Agreed.

2. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

And what kind of tree was John Calvin:thumbsup:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dog Wood....:smilewinkgrin:

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He never lied about what he was writing,making believe it came from him when it was someone else:thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Has anyone apologized for falsely accusing Dr. J. of "blashpemy" as I have twice demonstrated is a false accusation? Or are we still "piling-on" with this "plagiarism" thing.

Personally, I would rather "plagiarized" a non-published and informal forum post then to have falsely accused a brother of blasphemy. But, that's just me.

6. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

But he falsely accused someone of "blasphemy" as you are doing. And then had him murdered.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You were asked for what your understanding of the word blasphemy was.
    Several have seen it as i do.Your definition seems a bit light....

To ridicule God,his word,and his people is to take God's name in vain.

he is unrepentant and his posts are not credible unless and until he repents.

In the post that i hijacked the thread with, because i saw his name active[green light]....I showed how he lied yet again after this has all taken place.
    I can post what i call......MY THOUGHTS on this and then cut and paste this from A Baptist Catechism with Commentary...by W.R.Downing....but then i would be lying:thumbsup:

#107 Iconoclast, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
  8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What kind of tree was Paul or Peter?

What kind of tree are you?

Is your question about the source of one's righteousness?

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    deleted . . . . .

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Recently I was told by my doctor that I needed to lose weight to control my high blood pressure. I started denying myself foods that I love, that I desire! I would eat less at all meals. I made some difficult choices. Cut out hi-calorie snacks. Eat more fruit and vegetables. No desserts. This is not in my nature. All of my life I've been able to eat robust meals, second helpings, desserts, etc. and not get overweight.

My blood pressure was borderline, 140/90. I was 6'3" and weighed 230 lbs when I started this eating plan. I am now 205 lbs. (what I weighed in college.) My blood pressure is now 119/81, just about perfect. Have I noticed any change in the way I feel? No. Did I want to deny myself treats and snacks? No.

So tell me how my greatest desire was to quit my eating patterns developed over 50 years just so I could make numbers on an electronic box get to a level another person deemed acceptable?

11. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Really? How many admit that Calvin's "theology" is a rip-off from Augustine! Calvin was the biggest plagiarist in history.:tonofbricks:

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    no....he was using "guile" like you and the apostle Paul...:thumbsup:
    he wanted to catch you....and even if he did'nt he could just lie and say he did:thumbsup:

Ach,
    Unless you repent none of us will take you seriously.You seem to have something to offer,even if by way of opposition .That is okay and if you are sincere, you will get sincere responses. To just attack and carry on..is to set yourself up for more disdain because if you cannot demonstrate that your yes is yes and your no means no....why would anyone take time to interact with you???
    Many of us have posted wrong ideas ,and been challenged....many still do. You are being spoken to by people of all different backrounds, not just the cals.

#112 Iconoclast, May 30, 2013
  13. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Paul did the same thing to catch other believers. 2 Cor 12:16. Nathan did the same thing to catch King David. 2 Sam 12:1-15. Police officers use this tactic on a regular basis in interrogations. Only self-righteous Pharisees use it to condemn someone because they got busted in claiming tenets of my argument to be false that they had previously admitted were true when I worded them differently and copied it from a Calvinist website word for word. They were so caught up in what P4T had Googled, that while they were arguing about it failed to notice that I did it again. Even as of now, you would think they would be using it against me that I did it TWICE in one thread, it's not like I haven't made it obvious by contrasting the difference in what I did with PT4 and Iconoclast, and yet they haven't even noticed THAT. LOL

With craftiness, I proved that they were willing to contradict their own statements and Calvinist teachings just to win a debate. What they are really mad at is the fact that they got outwitted and fell for the trap.:tonofbricks:

Not once have I ever called any of them a liar because I feel that they misstated my beliefs or those of Non Cals. Yet they call everyone that opposes the life of John Calvin a liar, and anyone that they feel has misunderstood Calvinism. If a person has misunderstood someone else's position, it's not a lie if that person truly believes that what they have described as their understanding of Calvinist beliefs. Yet the Cals on here repeatedly accuse the Non Cals of lying, and are never apologetic about it-typical Pharisaical hypocrisy.

But here, if you all want an apology, I'm sorry that I used craftiness to catch you at being deceitful. I'll never do it again since I already proved that you were willing to win a debate simply for the sake of trying to be right.

#113 DrJamesAch, May 30, 2013
  14. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Iconoclast and the others who got caught
    One thing I'll have to retract about the last statement. I will retract calling you deceitful because I can not absolutely PROVE that you knew what I posted was Calvinist doctrine. Which means in order for me to retract that, you have to admit that you don't know your own theology as well as you think you do; enough to recognize when someone posts a position word for word from a Calvinist website (Reformed at that).

15. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Great....now please show the place where Dr. James "blasphemed" and (for the sake of his fair trial) post where I explained in GREAT DETAIL where your accusation of "blasphemy" was a false accusation.......

Obfuscate about his "plagiarism" all you want................FINE I'll concede that he "plagiarized" when you defend yourself against what I now accuse YOU OF.

Bearing false witness as falsely accusing an innocent man of "BLASPHEMY"....what the precise definition is is irrelevent ICON.....the point is, that he never SAID what you would claim he said.

I explained this in detail TWICE and None of you has responded to my CLEAR explanation of what Dr. J. was obviously doing. You refuse to respond to my explanation of a "reductio ad absurdum" and yet want to debate a definition of "blasphemy"

Here's the deal...........You may choose ANY definition of blasphemy YOU WANT!!! Whatever YOUR definition of blasphemy is......it is correct. Now, please respond to how I explained that your accusation of Dr. J. is either
    1.) mistaken: I left that avenue open to you so that you can save face by merely saying:
    "My apologies, I didn't understand that that was what Dr. J. was doing.....I thought that he was stating that his belief."
    2.) A blatant LIE

I explained in detailed form how Dr. J. has NOT blasphemed. YOU Iconoclast, have accused him of "blasphemy"..........now furnish the quote, and I will AGAIN furnish the explanation that he was NOT blaspheming.

You falsely accuse the brethren of Blaspemy....Talk about needing to repent....

16. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

You Have falsely accused a man of "blasphemy"........unless and until you either defend your sin of bearing false witness in accusation or repent of it........than you are not to be taken seriously EITHER.

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: Do your own home work my friend, go back and see where several of us started speaking about it spread over several threads.
    If i have time i will search it out for you...must work now....

i just answered him again, but the connection was cut off...i amn ot sure i can get it to come back...must check my history...but do have to get back to work.

Did you read what I posted Hos? on taking God's name in vain?

18. preacher4truth

Exactly. Then to top off his lie he starts another lie in a thread to attempt to justify it through another lie.

The old saying is true: You lie once you'll have to lie again to cover it up and this is exactly what he's done and what he continues to do. What does Revelation say about lying and liars?

- Blessings

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you people take your petty bickering to private messaging? Or start a new thread?

20. preacher4truth

You're correct, will do sir.