1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Campaigns Should Shift Focus to Russia/Venezuela

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 24, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it my imagination, or does anyone else see the dangerous scenario developing to the South of our borders. Hugo Chavez is not so quietly rattling sabers with his newest and best buddies from Moscow. Sure, the Russians have the right to sell arms to Chavez, and there is no international law that would prohibit these two nations from holding their scheduled war games. Still, the leadership of this nation, and that includes McCain and Obama, need to make this not so quiet alliance a number one issue in their campaign.

As a teenager, I remember how we all felt when the Russians last came to our neck of the woods (Cuba), and how close we came to an all out nuclear war will never be forgotten.

Just the fact that these two nations are joining together to build an alliance that could become our next Presidents "Bay of Pigs" all over again, is scary! If these two nations are truly working together to intimidate the US, than they should get an “A+“ for their efforts. I think it is time that Washington stepped up to the plate and treat this as a viable threat within our hemisphere.

However, there is another concern that is silently growing along with these scheduled war games, and that is where Venezuela and Russia are "talking about boosting their cooperation in the energy sphere to create what Chavez called a 'new strategic alliance.'" Americans need to be concerned, because we get quite a bit of oil from Venezuela [through OPEC], and should these two nations decide to impose an embargo on the USA, we will be hurting when it comes to oil and gas prices, which would undoubtedly reach into the 8 to 10 dollar range.

I see this as a significant threat to our nation. It is a "Clear and Present Danger" and I am calling upon the House and Senate, regardless of their political allegiance, to get to drilling, or we could be held hostage by this new “Unholy Alliance“ and that would mean gas prices probably doubling from what they are right now.

McCain and Obama need to make this the primary focal point of their campaigns, because I'm positive, it will be a full blown crisis within the first month of their first four year term.

Things are quickly falling into place to lead this world into the events our prophets spoke of...maybe bread will cost us a bag of gold. Maybe Russia and China will invade Israel, after Israel attacks and flattens Iran with nukes. Maybe America, like Ahmadinejad said at the UN yesterday, is about to "crumble and fall." It looks like the prophets of old have come to the front in their predictions of the last days.

And it is no mere coincidence that the financial crisis is hiding the true threat to America, Russia, with more than 520 nukes in the carribean, and there is a mad man [Chavez] who is pushing Russia to take out the Americans while we are at the point of financial collapse like Russia was years back.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#2 poncho, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008