1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a christian be cursed?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 3, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Excuse me, but it's not about understanding what somebody says. It's about wether what the pastor says is correct. Do you really think that if I go to a pastor and ask him if what he preaches is correct he'll say: Oh yes, I think you're right. I'm totally wrong. Thank you.

Why don't you simply say it like it is? The only opinion here which is accepted is the one which the people here have and everything else is simply wrong. If I belonged to a charismatic church and had a charismatic pastor who I went to and who taught me from the bible that speaking in tongues is real and still exists then I wanna know what you guys would say. You would all say that what my pastor taught me is wrong, wouldn't you? So why don't you simply say that it's not about having a church and having a pastor but it's simply about doctrine.
    It doesn't play ANY role if I get a sermon from the internet or if I belong to a church because unless a sermon agrees with your beliefs it's wrong anyway. This is how it is.

2. His Blood Spoke My Name

xdx,
    It is about having a church and a pastor. The Word of God tells us
    Gathering with a local body of Believers is important for strength and growth in the Christian. Being shepherded by a local pastor is also important. Without a shepherd, a sheep will wander, get lost, fall prey to ravenous beasts.

A local church and a pastor who preaches the Word of God is very important.

#22 His Blood Spoke My Name, Apr 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Okay. Then maybe I should simply join a charismatic church. I bet that all of you would be happy then because then I would have a shepherd and I would be instructed and get discernment. Yay!

Oh wait! No! I forgot that only the baptist churches are the right ones where you learn the right stuff and where you get the right discerment. All other churches are not good. How could I forget that.

And by the way, which church do you go to? How many members does the church have? 5?

In a normal church there are so many members that every member can impossibly be "shepherded" by the pastor. The pastor doesn't even know all the people. You can already be glad if you get to shake his hand after the service. Sometimes I wonder in which reality some people live....

#23 xdisciplex, Apr 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  4. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

First of all, you need to change your attitude. Sounds to me like you really don't want to go to church. The type of church one attends is between that person and God. What is your problem anyway?

5. His Blood Spoke My Name

The church I go to has way more than 5 people. It has 54. And the pastor knows each of us quite well.

My sister attends a church that has 347 members and the pastor makes it a point to know all the congregants.

Why are you making excuses for not going to church? The Word of God says to assemble, you need to obey God rather than make excuses.

Whether Charismatic, Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, or another denomination, the christian is to assemble. The christian is to test the spirits to see if they are of God. Don't just believe the pastor because he stands behind the pulpit. Study the Word and make sure what he says lines up with the Word..

Quit making excuses, because you may find the Lord saying you are without excuse. You have the Word of God if you have a Bible. It tells you to assemble with other believers, do it!!

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

It is about doctrine in the sense that every church has doctrines. Do YOU know what you believe? That would be a starting point.

If you don't stand for something - you'll fall for anything.

If you were in a church every week, you would not have so many questions to ask strangers on the Internet, because you would be learning from the preacher whom (hopefully) the Holy Spirit is guiding.

A sermon on the Internet cannot give you counsel like a preacher from a pulpit can, and it sounds like you could profit from some counseling so you wouldn't be so angry and confused.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But I don't know who's right and when I don't know who's right then I also cannot know if the pastor is right or not. If I go to the wrong church I end up learning wrong stuff and then my whole theology will be messed up. This is a huge danger. But unless I know who's right wether it be the charismatics, the pentecostals, the baptists or whoever else I also cannot make a decision.

8. His Blood Spoke My Name

That is why you are commanded to not just go to church, but also to study to show yourself approved unto God, xdx.

You don't want to place your trust in a church pastor because he could be wrong, but you trust the internet preachers? There is something wrong here.

What is the real issue?

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

XD, since I've been on this board, I've seen you post more nasty comments about Baptists than all the Baptists on this board have posted about Pentecostals.

I really don't understand why you submit your questions on a Baptist board when you obviously don't like the Baptist point of view. Maybe you should post on a Pentecostal board. They might come closer to giving you the answers you want.

10. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

God's Word will reveal the truth to you if you seek it with all your heart and the Truth shall set you free.

Do you spend much time with God? He is not a Baptist or a Pentecostal and He will not steer you wrong.

You need to spend time in prayer and also in studying the Word of God. He will let you know where He wants you, but you have to be willing to listen to HIM more than you have been willing to listen to US...

11. His Blood Spoke My Name

OUCH!!

Good point, but OUCH!!

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Sometimes the truth hurts.

2 Timothy 4
    3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

13. His Blood Spoke My Name

Truth does hurt sometimes, yes. And if received, it will make one free.

14. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But THIS is exactly the problem!!!

EVERY christian out there believes that HE is right.
    Just look at this forum. Christians are arguing all the time. They all think they are right and they all will say "Well, if you REALLY want to know the truth then God will show it to you" and they ALL think that of course God showed them the truth and guess what this means. :laugh:
    This means that everybody who doesn't agree with them is simply w.r.o.n.g.

Isn't it almost too easy?

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

One thing we ALL agree with on the BB is that Jesus Christ gave Himself for our sins, so that we could be reconciled to the Father and receive eternal life.

We ALL worship and adore Him.

We ALL believe the Bible is the inerrant, infallible word of the living God.

Because we ALL believe these things, we are brothers and sisters in Christ and regardless of all the fussing we do, we still love one another.

Your relationship with God is YOUR relationship and YOU have to seek Him and study for YOURSELF and stop blaming others because you are confused.

I have suggested to you many times to cut yourself off from the internet and tv preachers and get alone with God and your Bible. If you really seek Him and the truth, I guarantee you, He will not disappoint you.

And THAT'S what you need to focus on...not who's right and who's wrong.

16. AAA

AAA New Member

A christian can be cursed.....

The curse that GOD put on a man was that he will till the ground and sweat dong it, and the curse upon the women is that she will have pain during child birth.

To say that a christian can not be cursed is the same thing as saying: anyone who tills the ground and sweats doing it and the woman who has pain during child birth is NOT a christian....That is a false doctrine.

Death is a curse....Can a christian die? YES

So the christian can be cursed to death.